Cover Letter Critique for school I student taught and subbed at.

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by ChristianJock, Apr 29, 2008.

1. ChristianJock

ChristianJock Rookie

Aug 13, 2006
    Apr 29, 2008

The following cover letter is for the school I student taught at and full-time substituted at for over 2 years. In 2006, I applied for 4 positions they had available and never recieved a call nor rejection letter. Both the hiring principal and one of the hiring members were personal references so it was extremely frustrating when I didn't get a call for an interview.

Now 2 years later, I'm reapplying to this school since they have numerous positions available. I would like an honest critique and help with my cover letter. I've included everything I can think of that the school looks for, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Dear Mr. Smith

The families that depend on _________ Elementary deserve a teacher who is passionate, personable, and has experience teaching in the ________ School District. I am certified in Elementary Education, History, and Adaptive Education, and familiar with Everyday Math, Guided Level Reading, Four-Block Reading, and the 6+1 Traits of Writing, so I am able to easily differentiate my instruction to incorporate a diverse range of learning. I am applying for the elementary positions you have available at ______and would love the opportunity to speak with you personally about these openings.

Having student taught under ______in 2004, and substituted for 1.5 years at _______ Elementary, I am quite familiar with the methods and standards needed to succeed in your school. As a teacher at your school, I hope to motivate the students in ascertaining their inner strengths and abilities. I will provide a stimulating learning environment that encourages the students to trust their own opinions and discover what truly inspires them. Make no mistake, I shall foster the confidence needed to realize their full potential and provide the students with a positive atmosphere that will help them be successful in life.

Mr. _______, I have been teaching 2nd grade at ______Elementary School in Florida since 2006, and substitute taught in the ______ Area and ________ School Districts prior to moving to Florida. I wish to relocate back to the _______ to be with my family, and I know I would make a great addition to the _________ Elementary School family. Please feel free to contact me at (904) ------- to set a time and date in which we could discuss the great opportunity to join your staff.

Thank you for your consideration.

Warmest Regards,

Stacey ------
  3. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Jan 2, 2007
    Apr 29, 2008

Another great letter! I didn't see any grammar problems with it, but someone else might.