Copying the morning message?

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by MissaG, Jun 27, 2008.

1. MissaG

MissaG Companion

Jun 27, 2008

Is it okay to have students copy downt the morning message and correct errors or do various activities with it (circle nouns, etc...)? Does anyone do this? I am not a fan of spending a lot of time on morning work, but thought that this might be a way to have 10 minutes of independent work time while I take attendance, etc... right before getting together and reading the morning message and going on into our RW.

3. trayums

trayums Enthusiast

Jun 27, 2008

I typically do this with the kids during morning meeting. we do it as a group,but I can't see why couldn't have them read the message and make changes on their own too.

4. cheeryteacher

cheeryteacher Enthusiast

Jun 27, 2008

I think that's a good idea. The only thing is if the kids expect to correct morning message every day, it would prevent you from changing up morning message very much. For example, if one day you wanted to have a morning message that the kids had to respond to by making a mark under the message, the kids might be a bit confused. I typically had my students journal in the morning. I always had the prompt on the overhead.