Copies - Need answers

Discussion in 'Second Grade' started by JLT63, Oct 28, 2010.

1. MelissainGA

MelissainGA Groupie

May 27, 2011

Copy limit. 330 per month no matter what the number of students. I am moving schools this year and don't know whether there will be a copy limit at the new school or not.

2. nstructor2

nstructor2 Rookie

May 27, 2011

Don't get me started on copy limits!!!!!! I bought my own copier last year because every year, we're given less and less copies. Everyone gets the same amount, no matter what you teach, class size, etc. . .

3. Miss W

Miss W Phenom

May 27, 2011

No copy limitations whatsoever. I try not to do a lot of copies, but with using a-zreading it can add up. I always make double sided if I can.

4. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

May 27, 2011

No limits at all.

We all Xerox whatever we need whenever we need it.

5. mopar

mopar Multitudinous

May 27, 2011

No copy limits for us either. We copy what we need, but we are asked to send all our copies to a copy center to be done for us.

6. Go 4th

Go 4th Habitué

May 27, 2011

Limit of 10,000 for the year. If we go over, we have to give paper for however much we went over.

We have a copy code to use to monitor use. It sounds crazy but people "steal" copy numbers and run up the copies. Our clerk says that they will just randomly punch in numbers until one works. Or people will watch when someone types their number in. Now that is really sad!!!!

7. AndreGreen

AndreGreen Companion

May 30, 2011

We don't have a Copy Limit, we make our own copies for ourselves in the Teacher's Lounge, when that one is broke. We have to send them to the Main Office for them to make the Copies.

I try to make my copies early because it get's hectic during Lunches.

8. TeacherApr

TeacherApr Groupie

May 30, 2011

At my school we began talking about how ridiculous it was that our own personal numbers had gone up HUNDREDS than the month before. Then, someone suggested that the copier may be counting every page made. So for example, even though you double sided it, the copier still counted it as 2 instead of 1. The assumption was made when a teacher who was being very conservative with copies and began putting 4 pages on 1 piece of paper, had her copies go up by 200 from the previous month.

9. tchr4evr

tchr4evr Companion

Jun 1, 2011

We have a limit. 1000 copies per month. We have a rizzo machine that we can use with our own paper, but we are only allowed to make 50 or more copies. I teach 4 different subjects, so I have no sets of over 50. I can't use that machine. One class has no textbook or curriculum, so I need to make copies. But, I always run out. I teach AP, which has practice tests which are 25 pages each. One practice test, and I'm out. We are not allowed to have our own printers. I do have a copy machine, but I have to hide it, because we're not allowed to have it. I do use my printer a lot in my room, but we're only allowed 2 toners per year, and the students use it as well. Next year, we are getting a code for our printer, and when we use our prints for the year, we're done. And the kids printing comes out of our allotment. We do have a print shop, but if fills up by the 2nd week of the month, so unless you're ahead, it won't get int. And last minute copies do not happen in our building.

Here's how bad it is. I coordinate our district theatre festival, and I have to run 500 or so 10 page programs for it. Last year, I took 4 people and 4 hours to get them printed. I had it ready at the beginning of the week, so I could get it done. The rizzo machine was broken, so couldn't run it there. The copy people downstairs took two days to try to run them, and couldn't figure out how to do it properly, and wouldn't let me do it. Ran through a ream of paper doing it (my paper) I still didn't have them the morning of the festival. Festival starts at 8:00 a.m., I was there at 5:00 a.m. No one had a code for the machine. Two teachers had to go across the street to the middle school-call an asst. principal who knew me and was my friend to come over there and run them there. They ran out of paper, so they had to come back to our school and get paper. It was ridiculous.

10. joe22k

joe22k Rookie

Jun 1, 2011

We have a riso that there are no limits on but up until this year we only got ink and a master roll for it once a month. Once that was used up we couldn't use it until the next month rolled around.

We also have 1000 copies per month

On top of that I do get a case of paper each semester.

11. Rox

Rox Cohort

Jun 7, 2011

I thought limits on copies were bad, but then the school that I student taught at decided that due to budget cuts, NO copies were allowed, at all, period, whatsoever. I really had to get creative that semester.

12. Rabbitt

Rabbitt Connoisseur

Jun 14, 2011

No copy limits.

Ideas to consider...
    ...write answers on notebook paper. Back to school sales have notebooks for 10 cents each
    ...laminate your worksheets/spelling lists
    ...individual white boards with dry erase markers (or chalkboards and chalk like in one-room schools)

13. maya5250

maya5250 Comrade

Jun 14, 2011

No copy limits. Were told by the principal to be more creative in paper recycling because we were always out before the new batch of paper come in.