Consequences for violation of state code question?

Discussion in 'General Education' started by MrTempest, Feb 6, 2019.

1. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Maven

Feb 8, 2019

They sent me a copy of the requirement for lunch times and clarified the wording for me so that I could speak with administration about it. Admin was understanding, and they honestly didn’t even realize that the schedule change they made ended up putting two of us in that predicament with lunch. They were able to work out an acceptable schedule with me. The professional group followed up with me to make sure things worked out okay, and they were prepared to put me in contact with their lawyer if needed.

2. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Maven

Feb 8, 2019

Just because it is a code doesn’t mean it is all that important in the grand scheme of things.

3. otterpop

otterpop Aficionado

Feb 9, 2019

I'm not sure the OP's concern was actually flags, it was merely given as an example.

Yes, many codes are little things, but they add up to big things. I imagine my school is breaking several.

It's frustrating to have no recourse or a clear line for addressing issues such as class size or recess time. A teacher who has more than the legally cap amount of students is definitely affected, yet trying to fight the school on that is likely to affect his/her relationship with administrators in many circumstances. If there was an official process with dealing with problems such as these, it would help many teachers.

This is why unions were created! But not everyone at every school is able to be a part of one.

MrTempest likes this.