Comcast?

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by kaeco510, Nov 5, 2014.

1. kaeco510

kaeco510 Companion

Nov 5, 2014

Does anyone else on here have Comcast and have had a terrible time with it this week? I am so sick of not being able to watch tv at the end of a long day!!!! Why am I paying so much money for a service that doesn't even work?? UGH! I am so ready to just pay the early termination fees and switch services.

3. bros

bros Phenom

Nov 5, 2014

Try calling their tech support - if the first person (Tier 1) that you get in contact with gives you the runaround, ask to be elevated to either their manager or Tier 2 tech support.

I know when we used to have comcast, it was because they cut costs in our area by refusing to weatherproof the cables.

In New Jersey.

4. Go Blue!

Go Blue! Connoisseur

Nov 5, 2014

I have Comcast Xfinity and while I have really great service; I pay $240 a month for home phone, internet and cable. This is after a $20 monthly credit they give me for a bundle service. While I do have a lot of channels and I watch a lot of sporting events; I still feel like it's expensive. BUT, I don't want to get rid of my cable service and I don't want to downgrade my tv package so it is what it is.

Good luck with your tv service; I also love being able to come home and watch my fav shows at the end of the day.

5. mathmagic

mathmagic Enthusiast

Nov 5, 2014

We tended to have pretty good service (we are currently off of it for the month, since we're in transition between cities), but as Go Blue said, it was definitely costly - about $150 a month for wireless and cable. A few times I would call/chat online and ask to be put back on a special or that I would be considering moving to a different service that had a similar or even better special while providing the same thing. We would get the bill knocked down about $30-$40 per month, and then would just rinse and repeat about 6 months to a year later (unless we forgot...ha, whoops...)

6. Mrs.DLC

Mrs.DLC Comrade

Nov 5, 2014

It is usually bad in our area, but no real competition. The internet is slow and the TV channels sometimes have no sound, etc. then, we get that message on the screen about call Comcast....it usually resolves itself in an hour or two. NEVER given a credit for anything....even when out for over 24 hours. Monopoly.....

7. KinderCowgirl

KinderCowgirl Phenom

Nov 5, 2014

I had the worst time with them and ended up switching companies. I would lose about 20 regular cable channels randomly including AMC so I wouldn't be able to watch my Walking Dead. When I would call they said there was no reason for this and they would have to charge me to come out and look at it. Then they started charging me for 2 digital boxes out of the blue-I never added one or anything, always just had one. I'd call every month, they'd take it off the bill and then they'd bill me for it again the next month. It was so frustrating! :|

The real kicker was when I changed companies and returned the equipment, they threatened to send me to collections if I didn't pay for that 2nd box....that I had never actually been issued.:rolleyes: It took probably at least 10 phone calls to get it straightened out.

8. giraffe326

giraffe326 Virtuoso

Nov 5, 2014

I hate Comcast. But it is my only option. I tried switching to satellite but I live in an apartment surrounded by trees, so it wasn't an option.

I haven't had any issues this week. Besides my normal hatred that is. (I will say that once I paid to upgrade to an HD box with a DVR, my service has gotten better. But I'm paying $20 more than the already high price.)

9. bros

bros Phenom

Nov 6, 2014

We have FiOS with a bunch of HD channels plus Showtime and HBO. We also get great internet (75/75 megabits/second, or 8 megabytes a second, approx.) and home phone. My dad pays something around $160 a month.

10. yellowdaisies

yellowdaisies Fanatic

Nov 10, 2014

We have no choice BUT Comcast where we live. Or satellite, which I highly doubt would even work at our apartment complex.

We had Uverse before and loved it. Wish we could go back. We hate Comcast. The cable box is SO OLD...it's unbelievable, really, and it isn't very responsive when fastforwarding/playing. The DVR is extremely tiny - our Uverse DVR was probably 4 times this size for the same price. (And we pay extra for HD DVR.) Our internet is pretty slow in general, and exceptionally slow at times. It's supposed to be twice as fast as our Uverse internet, but we've done online tests and it's MUCH slower. We are supposed to be getting 13MBPS and online tests say we're getting 4 MBPS. Yeah, I'm thrilled...Our cable service is ok in that we haven't had the cable go out yet. We just aren't thrilled with them at ALL.

Unfortunately, they have basically a monopoly in our area. We are going to try really hard to locate a place with Uverse when we move.

11. MsMar

MsMar Fanatic

Nov 10, 2014

We've had Comcast for the last year and a half or so. Our rates (with taxes/fees/cable card rental) went from $110 to $130 to $180 in the last four months. We just got the $180 bill this week. Called them, tried to get a better deal, no luck, and are switching back to Verizon for the next two years which will be $110. Apparently there was some big switch in the Comcast billing system this month which is why it went from $130 to $180. The $20 jump from $110 to $130 was due to our promotional monthly rate joining so that one didn't bother us as much, but there is no way we're paying $180 for internet, phone and cable.

As far as the service itself with Comcast, it's been fine. Some issues with the "on demand" and our Tivo box but tech support always fixed that for us with a 10 min call. Though it did happen 4 times in about 6 weeks so that was getting annoying.