Co-workers you try to avoid

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by whizkid, Mar 14, 2019.

1. whizkid

whizkid Comrade

Mar 14, 2019

Do you have certain co-workers that annoy you to the high heavens until you do your level best to avoid them?

3. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Mar 14, 2019

Yes, and I'm sure there are some who feel like that about me. We can't all like each other, but we are able to work effectively together.

4. vickilyn

vickilyn Guru

Mar 14, 2019

They pay us the big bucks to act like the grown ups that we are. That means setting aside many personal feelings, for the most part.

czacza likes this.
  5. futuremathsprof

futuremathsprof Aficionado

Mar 14, 2019

I jokingly pretend to avoid some of my colleagues, but they know I love them. For instance, there have been instances where I was asked to volunteer and I have an already full schedule and so I was tip-toeing around corners and playfully trying to lose them. It was all in good fun.

The atmosphere at my school is amazing and I enjoy speaking to every single one of my coworkers. They’re my good friends.

6. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Mar 14, 2019

Yes, some annoy me but I can't really avoid them too much. The things that annoy me are laziness, not doing their jobs properly, or just plain rudeness. Today, for instance. I was not told something pretty important about one of my students so I sent an email to some people with a question. I got answers back that were sort of rude. One person stated that I should have KNOWN the answer because an email was sent out. And this person also said people don't have time to tell me things. UMMM, what? A few minutes later I got an apology since the person realized I never got the supposed email. I'm tired of doing other peoples' jobs for them. That's the most annoying thing.
    Unfortunately, I work with people who are supposed to be adults but act like snotty teenagers. Bad example for the students.

futuremathsprof and whizkid like this.
  7. whizkid

whizkid Comrade

Mar 14, 2019

[​IMG]

futuremathsprof likes this.
  8. futuremathsprof

Mar 14, 2019

I don’t understand why coworkers think it is okay to talk to each other like that. Shouldn’t they be written up or something?

9. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Maven

Mar 14, 2019

Eh, there are some people I like more than others, but nobody I purposefully avoid.

10. whizkid

whizkid Comrade

Mar 14, 2019

Not to mention people who like volunteering your services!

MsKelsey and futuremathsprof like this.
  11. Guitart

Guitart Companion

Mar 14, 2019

In my previous career I could not stand talking to people who annoyed you with their politics or religion.

Staff at my school never talks about either. Even after-hours socializing, the subjects are never brought up.

12. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Mar 15, 2019

I don't know. I just carry on and do what I'm supposed to do. Eventually, their crap catches up with them and they get called out on it.
    Another bunch of annoying people at work are the ones who think their department is more important. Sorry, snowflakes, you're not that important. The well being of my students is more important.

Backroads and futuremathsprof like this.
  13. whizkid

whizkid Comrade

Apr 1, 2019

I'm about to avoid three for at least months real soon. :cool:

14. alp123

alp123 Companion

Apr 1, 2019

My team! jk :) Both brand new teachers...think their smarter than everyone else. One got all "N"s on her evaluation...."Needs improvement in Professionalism". All the eye rolling and scoffing whenever I relay info from admin. (I'm lead this year.) She must do it to the P. lol The other genius told Miss Needs improvement that this year's eval. doesn't count. What? It absolutely does! She's lucky that they are giving her another chance. That's how smart they are. :/

15. futuremathsprof

Apr 2, 2019

You work with incompetent nincompoops.

16. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Apr 2, 2019

They sound like Dumb and Dumber LOL

17. Backroads

Backroads Aficionado

Apr 2, 2019

Oddly enough, the past coworkers I recall driving me up the wall were also awesome in so many other ways. I can only think of one I wanted to avoid at all costs. I look back and wonder if she had legitimate issues.

To add, I might say that I'm a rather laid-back, little-fuss type of teacher, and that means running up against much more Pinterest-y, Teacher Martyr-type teachers and while clash might be too strong a word, our philosophies don't always meld well.

18. txmomteacher2

txmomteacher2 Connoisseur

Apr 4, 2019

I have one in particular who will being watching my backside as I move down the hallway to another grade level at the end of the year. And while she is watching me move my stuff all I can say is KMA! She has made my 6 years in this grade level pretty much unbearable at times. She is rude, condescending, and thinks she knows it all about teaching and child development. I am soooo tired of her I was willing to move to a grade that I know NOTHING about. Thank goodness another opening came up and I can move back to a grade level I feel comfortable with.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2019
  19. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Apr 4, 2019

We had one like that. She thankfully quit a few years ago because the principal who let her get away with everything got fired :tearsofjoy:

Miss Beazly and futuremathsprof like this.
  20. txmomteacher2

txmomteacher2 Connoisseur

Apr 4, 2019

This one probably wont ever leave because she thinks that we couldn't get along with out her. I can take rudeness but I can not stand condescending people who look down their nose at the rest of us. It makes me extremely mad!!!!!

futuremathsprof likes this.
  21. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Apr 5, 2019

The funniest thing was when she was told to come observe me during my morning meeting lesson because I was doing "great things" according to them and she was "lacking" in some areas LOL She refused to come observe during the actual lesson and just came in one morning and asked me to give her a rundown of what I did. She couldn't get it in her head that she was a clueless teacher!!