Co-teacher welcome letters

Discussion in 'Preschool' started by jeepgirlsrock, Jul 18, 2016.

1. jeepgirlsrock

jeepgirlsrock Rookie

Jul 18, 2016

Hi all -

I'm a general education teacher and I'm going to be co-teaching with a PPCD teacher this coming year. I was wanting to know if someone could send me/copy and paste their welcome letters that they sent to parents so I can try to create one that includes myself, my aide and the PPCD teacher for Meet the Teacher night. Or did you send seperate letters? Any help would be appreciated!

3. mathteachertobe

mathteachertobe Cohort

Jul 18, 2016

I teach middle school math and have sections that are co-taught and sections that are not. I have a standard syllabus that goes home to families, so for the co-taught classes, I run it by my co-teacher to see if anything needs to be added or changed. Then on that version I have both our names and contact info. Our aide situation is not generally figured out by the first week of school, so I have never added any additional names.

4. jeepgirlsrock

jeepgirlsrock Rookie

Jul 18, 2016

Thank you! I have the same aide so that part isn't hard for me. Yet, I don't know if I should include a short bio about her to parents. She's a huge part of the classroom but everyone I talk to talks down about TA's and doesn't give them any say in anything. Wasn't sure what everyone else thought.

5. heatherberm

heatherberm Cohort

Jul 19, 2016

If you know who your aide is, include her. I was an aide for 8 years and I was always a part of the parent letter - actually, i usually wrote it :) - and it makes it feel more like a shared classroom. Everyone who talks down TA's probably isn't using their aide effectively or getting the best out of them.

ETA: Just to be clear, I'm not saying their TA's are bad, just think it's likely that the TA's don't feel very valued if the teacher they work with is talking them down. Even if they don't know it, they might feel it.

jeepgirlsrock likes this.
  6. beckyeduk8er

beckyeduk8er Comrade

Jul 20, 2016

Welcome to ******* Kindergarten! Our names are ******* and ******** and we will be your child’s teachers this year. We team teach, which means that your child will have two licensed teachers in the classroom all day. We will work collaboratively to plan lessons, and will work with all students. This will give us the opportunity for more individualized instruction, small group time, a wider variety of learning in whole group instruction, and increased rigor. We are excited to have this opportunity to work with you and your child.

The name of teacher e-mailed to you is the teacher of record and will be responsible for scheduling your parent teacher conferences and completing the report card. Please know that we are both more than willing to talk with you about your child’s progress both academically and socially. We will both be working with all students. You will receive classroom update e-mails from either of us throughout the school year.

Hi! My name is *******, and I am going to be one of your child’s teachers. I have been teaching ...

If you know who your classroom aid is I would definitely include her information along with the other teacher you will be working with.

I am also including the what is team teaching document we include in our welcome packet.

Attached Files:

7. jeepgirlsrock

jeepgirlsrock Rookie

Jul 23, 2016

You guys ROCK! Thank you!!!