Closing Activities?

Discussion in 'Secondary Education' started by MathMania, Nov 8, 2008.

1. MathMania

MathMania New Member

Nov 8, 2008

I am a student teacher who is teaching Math 3 and Integrated Algebra. My college requires that we have an anticipatory set (opening) and a closure, I have an anticipatory set but the closure has been a problem for me. I do a question of the day for my anticipatory set and I do not want to over do it by giving them a ticket out/exit slip. I was wondering if anyone had an ideas.

3. Catcherman22

Catcherman22 Companion

Nov 9, 2008

what specific topic are you covering?

You closure should basically address whether your students "got" your content objective

4. diggerjp

diggerjp New Member

Nov 20, 2008

I agree with the previous post. At the end of your class period do some sort of progress monitoring. Instead of doing a warm up problem at the beginning of class do a cool down problem at the end of class.

John

5. fuzed_fizzion

fuzed_fizzion Comrade

Nov 20, 2008

Have the students write a note to an absent student to explain how to do the math they learned in the lesson

6. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Nov 21, 2008

How about "Process" notes to summarize the process involved in the new procedure? Mine are normally in the middle of the class, but they would serve as a nice closer instead.

HAve one example on the board, and ask how they know the problem type. Write what they say next to the title, paraphrasing if necessary.

Then ask how they got from the first step to the second, and write that down, and so on down the list.

They'll leave with a nice overview, in their own words. It makes studying SO MUCH easier!