Classroom Pictures

Discussion in 'Elementary Education Archives' started by Miss Kirby, Mar 27, 2006.

1. Miss Kirby

Miss Kirby Fanatic

Mar 27, 2006

I don't know if there has been a thread like this, but I think it would be neat if we teachers could post pictures of our classrooms. Our desk arrangements, classroom library, centers, etc. It would be nice for some ideas for new teachers, or seasoned teachers looking for fresh ideas! And sharing pictures is so much fun. :) Anyone interested? I'll start if there is interest!

Sara

3. Miss W

Miss W Phenom

Mar 27, 2006

Here's the beginning of this year.
    http://web.sssd.k12.ar.us/southside-east/staff/woodrufh/browse the classroom.htm
    I know next year will be completely different. I'll be in an actual classroom inside a building! I'm very excited. Plus I'll have a sink, cabinets, and a huge storage closet. I'm trying to think of different things, but am hoping to see some great ideas here. I actually have planned a "Welcome to our Pack" crayon theme for the first 9 weeks. I usually change at semester.

4. Miss Kirby

Miss Kirby Fanatic

Mar 27, 2006

[​IMG]
    View from the door. You can see the main area of the room and my magnetic word wall!

[​IMG]
    My teask and teacher area, and the technology center.

[​IMG]
    The Reading Garden!!

[​IMG]
    The Publishing Center (Although right now the technology center and Publishing Center have been switched)

[​IMG]
    The calendar wall.

[​IMG]
    This is the area where they turn in classwork, homework,and notes. On that shelf there are literacy supplies and chalkboards/white boards. Also there are the mailboxes.

[​IMG]
    My Caught Beeing Good display

[​IMG]
    This is my easel and the most amazing carpet that just arrived!

[​IMG]
    Finally, My guided reading area.

That's most of it. I also have two storage cabinets with some posters for management and a math manipulative shelf but for some reason I didn't get a picture of those.

PS Sorry they are SO huge!

5. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Mar 27, 2006

You have a beautiful room. You can graph right on your carpet!

6. Beth2004

Beth2004 Maven

Mar 27, 2006

That is a beautiful room! So colorful! The fifth grade classroom where I'm working as a long term sub right now is pretty "blah." It's always nice to see such inviting classrooms like yours!

7. Youngteacher226

Youngteacher226 Enthusiast

Mar 28, 2006

Miss Kirby, what grade do you teach? I absolutely love your room. I would like to take some ideas from your class but I just want to keep in mind what grade this is. I wish we all could get that lucky and get a class that size. Wishful thinking in the urban schools.:(

8. Miss Kirby

Miss Kirby Fanatic

Mar 28, 2006

Thank you all for the nice comments!
    I teach second grade! Go ahead and take any ideas! You think it is a big room?? I think it's an average sized classroom. I wish it was bigger! The arrangement makes it look bigger than it actually is. The other second grade teachers are amazed that I got that huge carpet to fit!

9. BeccaK

BeccaK Companion

Mar 28, 2006

That is a wonderful room! I hope thatmine will be that well arranged and colorful! I think a childs environment is very important...an active environment is important!

10. Miss Kirby

Miss Kirby Fanatic

Mar 28, 2006

Thanks!! It was one crazy weekend trying to get it ready. Coming in midyear was (and still is!) tough.

Now someone else needs to share! :)

11. camcdade

camcdade Comrade

Mar 29, 2006

Carrie's classroom pics

http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=i2dqs9x.ct1bh5t&x=0&y=-rm5b5x

Here's the link to view my classroom pictures. All were taken at the beginning of this year, so the walls look very empty. They are now filled with charts and displayed work. I teach 3rd grade Reading and Language Arts. In the pics you'll see my classroom library, computers, behavior chart and various other things.
    To view the album, click on the blue link that says, "View Photos without signing in."

12. Miss Kirby

Miss Kirby Fanatic

Mar 29, 2006

Wow I love your classroom! Especially Bookworm Beach! :) Thank you so much for sharing.

13. hatima

hatima Devotee

Mar 29, 2006

camcdade, I love the fishnet of book jackets! That is really cool.

14. Pecas

Pecas Companion

Mar 30, 2006

I am so jealous...your classrooms seem so well made and have so many unique things. I can't wait until I have a classroom all to myself and more things!!! :)

15. ABall

ABall Fanatic

Mar 30, 2006

I love how your room is set up. I like the coin posters, I really wish I could find some like that Maybe a little smaller but big enough to put up.

16. RitaFirstGrade

RitaFirstGrade Companion

Mar 30, 2006

My first grade classroom

You can see pictures of my classroom on my website. Just go to the photogallery and click on the tour.

www.mrswright.com

17. BeccaK

BeccaK Companion

Mar 30, 2006

very awesome room! I love the underwater theme!

18. amakaye

amakaye Enthusiast

Mar 30, 2006

I love the box tops in the desks...perfect solution for those "black holes"!!

19. Youngteacher226

Youngteacher226 Enthusiast

Mar 30, 2006

Camcdade, I love your reading area. Can you tell me how you hang those charts on hangers? How do you connect the charts to the hanger itself? And tell me about your personalitree. I like the idea but I cant read what the children actually did on the apples. Thanks. I am a teacher in training!

20. historyteacher

historyteacher Companion

Mar 30, 2006

I think this is a great idea. We need to keep this going. You can get many great ideas by sharing room organization, etc. I'd share my pics but I'm on spring break.

21. camcdade

camcdade Comrade

Mar 30, 2006

Thanks for the compliment! I used wire hangers and clear packing tape on the back of the posters. Just taped the hangers flat to the back of the posters with only the hook sticking above the top of the poster for hanging. Makes it so easy to keep out those helpful posters that you may not have wall space for. The kids go grab one whenever they need it!

I can't take credit for the personalitree. I got that idea from a picture I saw somewhere on the web from another teacher and modified it a bit. This tree is right outside my door in the hallway. I made several banners to hang above it throughout the year as I change the stuff that's on it. Some of the banners are: "Our Personalitree", "Our Activitree", and "Our Poetree". On the first few days of the school year, I have my students complete an apple glyph activity that has them tell about themselves and we hang those on the "Personalitree". If you have never heard of glyphs (as I hadn't before I saw this) you might want to do a search on this site for glyphs and see what they are. Also, if you are interested in seeing the apple glyph I made for my third graders... just send me a private message with your email address and I can send you the copy.