Class size... as in, physical classroom size

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by Backroads, Aug 10, 2018.

1. Backroads

Backroads Fanatic

Aug 10, 2018

I FINALLY managed to actually go to my new classroom today (Husband suggested I do a trial run on a weekday morning to be sure of how commute time, any problems, etc. Looks good, next week I'm going to try it with my daughter's vest treatment).

Anywho, the classroom is huge! Probably twice the size of my last classroom. Which was kind of small.

I shall have space. Space!!!

dgpiaffeteach and MrsC like this.
  3. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Phenom

Aug 10, 2018

Both of my classrooms in our current building seem huge compared to my classroom in our old building. I don’t know how I functioned in that old room, It was so tiny. No windows. One outlet.

4. Aces

Aces Comrade

Aug 10, 2018

I feel like our science classrooms are huge. In mine I've got 36 regular desks, plus six large lab tables for students, my demonstration lab table, my desk, a podium (has my text books usually), a storage cabinet, and a hood containment system. All of this in one room and it doesn't feel cramped at all. There's room to move around without feeling like you're going to take someone out. I can walk around freely with my walking stick without issue.

5. Bunnie

Bunnie Devotee

Aug 10, 2018

There's actually building surveys done in my school system and it lists the square footage of each and every room in the building. My last classroom was 728 sq ft. My current classroom is 624 sq ft. Believe it or not, I notice the loss of square footage. Lol

otterpop likes this.