Class Blog/Website

Discussion in 'Fifth Grade' started by intern09, Jun 20, 2010.

1. intern09

intern09 Rookie

Jun 20, 2010

I want to do a class blog or web site next year to better communicate with parents (and save paper). For those of you who already do this what web site do you use?

And I would love to see links to your page if you don't mind:love:

3. 100%Canadian

100%Canadian Companion

Jun 21, 2010

Wordpress.com is a great starting place. Very user-friendly and lots of potential to do some really good stuff with your students. Membership is free, unless you want all the bells and whistles, in which case there's a fee. Here's mine if you want to take a look:
    mrmepham.wordpress.com

4. Love to Teach

Love to Teach Cohort

Jun 21, 2010

Wow, very impressive! Thanks so much for sharing. :)

5. Lynn K.

Lynn K. Habitué

Jun 21, 2010

6. ms. yi

ms. yi Comrade

Jun 21, 2010

I purchased Microsoft Expression Web to create my website and then hosted with Startlogic and Fatcow. This year I'll be hosting with iPage. There's a pretty steep learning curve but it certainly pays off. Here's a link to mine:

http://msyisclass.com/

It'll be going offline on the 24th while I'm switching hosting companies. It definitely helps looking at real examples. It's a great way to get ideas for content. I also love Google calendar.

7. heartofateacher

heartofateacher Companion

Jun 30, 2010

You can also create a free website on google. Just go to the homepage, click on the more link at the top of the page and click on sites.

8. NJ-teacher

NJ-teacher Rookie

Jul 1, 2010

I use edublogs.org and found it was very user friendly and easy to set up account for each individual student. The first thing you need to find out is if your district will allow a public website or private. With all the issues dealing with public blogs many schools will want your site to be accessed by only your students. A great book to look into is 'I-Write' by Dana Wilber.

9. teachgrade5

teachgrade5 Comrade

Jul 14, 2010

Ms. Yi---I also use Expressions. Can you tell me how you made your contact page? I have tried this before, but for some reason I have had nothing but problems with it. Also, how did you add the forum to your webpage.
    Thanks!

10. sweetlatina23

sweetlatina23 Cohort

Jul 18, 2010

I applied and I like it. I haven't had the time to really add stuff or get to know it, but I did enjoy it. Thanks! :D

11. AKitchin

AKitchin Companion

Jul 29, 2010

I used webs.com for my site and I am prob. going to purchase my domain this year. Our school system has a website program for the school by my class page kept getting deleted (and it made me mad after putting a ton of work into it!!) So I went with webs and there I can also have my research posted.

Im using edublogs this year as well, we'll see how that goes!

http://mrskitchin.webs.com

12. teachgrade5

teachgrade5 Comrade

Jul 29, 2010