Christmas Party in the classroom?

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by teacherwithlove, Dec 12, 2012.

1. teacherwithlove

teacherwithlove Comrade

Dec 12, 2012

I am having our class Christmas party tomorrow. I teach a 2nd/3rd combo. Some parents have already signed up to volunteer and bring food/drinks.

The problem is, I don't know what I should have my class do! Last year I put on a Christmas movie but I want to do something different this year, especially since I will have a few parents volunteering. I figure I can use them as center leaders, somehow. Are there any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

3. YoungTeacherGuy

YoungTeacherGuy Phenom

Dec 12, 2012

Have you made ornaments yet? If not, this would be a good time to do so because you'll have the extra sets of hands to help you out. If you've already made ornaments (or another gift for students to take home to parents), could you do some sort of other craft/art project?

4. MissCeliaB

MissCeliaB Aficionado

Dec 12, 2012

Most of my ideas require more than a day of planning.

I've made a cute five senses holiday book before, but you need to have the copies made, and the envelopes bound into books, and all of the materials.

I'd go with making some kind of ornament. It's a shame you don't have time to do glue ornaments.

I've also done holiday graphing activities with candy. Those are fun, and somewhat academic.

There is also the option of playing a holiday game. "Christmas Tree" is a fun one, and there are other variations that could make it more inclusive. Have a relay race to wrap a present. Or, have them wrap a present while joining arms with a partner, so each person can only use one arm.

5. Rabbitt

Rabbitt Connoisseur

Dec 12, 2012

I use my Smartboard to play 'pin the nose on Rudolph'.

We use toothpicks and poke gumdrops into 3 inch foam balls to make ornaments.

caroling? even in school

6. Ilovesummer

Ilovesummer Companion

Dec 12, 2012

Cute! Love this idea!