Christmas Bulletin Board

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by TeachFirst123, Nov 24, 2008.

1. TeachFirst123

TeachFirst123 Rookie

Nov 24, 2008

I was looking for some new and creative Christmas bulletin board ideas. I LOVE doing bulletin boards and I try to do something different every year. Does anyone have any cool ideas? It could even be something for winter that could stay up past Christmas. So far, I think I am going to make a fireplace and have the students decorate construction paper stockings and write why they love the holidays. Then I will title it "Hung by the chimney with care." I have another place in the hall where I can put another bulletin board though. :thanks:

3. ecsmom

ecsmom Habitué

Nov 24, 2008

That sounds great! I am sending home gingerbread men for the kids to decorate with their families. These will stay up until Christmas break and then we will focus on snowmen and snow pictures. You can mix shaving cream with glue to make puffy snow for painting.

4. Just_Beginning2

Just_Beginning2 Rookie

Nov 24, 2008

I saw a cute one I am going to do this year.... in the middle it said "Bright wishes for the new year" and all around the edges were big construction paper christmas lights with the kids new years wishes on them. Then you just draw the wire part on with magic marker.

5. K1teach

K1teach Companion

Nov 24, 2008

My favorite Christmas bulletin board is one that families help me with. I send home a paper that says " A ____________ Family Tradition" and lines on the bottom half. The families put their last name on the line and then write about and illustrate about a tradition that they have. This way it covers all holidays; some families even talk about other events through the year. When it comes back I put it on construction paper and put it on the bulletin board to look like a quilt. If I have time, I make little bows out of yarn and staple them in the corners of the papers so it really looks like a quilt.

6. TeacherC

TeacherC Connoisseur

Nov 24, 2008

Snowmen/snow and penguins are always good to stay up past Christmas. You could do sequencing of making a snowman, something weather related, or even something about colder weather habitats. Good luck! :)

7. Hoot Owl

Hoot Owl Aficionado

Nov 25, 2008

Add glitter too.

8. dxiechicken41

dxiechicken41 Rookie

Nov 26, 2008

Cozy Up With a Good Book

I put up a bulletin board called "Cozy Up With A Good Book" - it's laminated book covers with snowflakes that the kids made and cutouts of steaming hot cocoa cups and mittens. Very cute. Stays up until February. :)

9. sundrop

sundrop Cohort

Nov 26, 2008

All of your ideas are so great. I wish sometimes that I were in a regular classroom to do some of those fun things. Very few people come into the computer lab, so I have a very simple bulletin board that gets a lot of groans from the middle schoolers! Black paper background with a red circle in the middle with the headline "Rudolph at Night".

10. SpecialPreskoo

SpecialPreskoo Moderator

Nov 26, 2008

I did penguins... "It's Snow Secret... Preschool is Cool!"

11. tenndon

tenndon Rookie

Nov 26, 2008

I had an idea the other day of doing one that is called "The Shapes and Colors of Winter and Christmas". Using circles, squares, triangles and other shapes to make snowmen, trees, houses, packages and the rest of the things that make up the season. All of these would be done in seasonal colors and the colors and shapes would be word wall words.

Blessings to all,
    Don

12. TeachFirst123

TeachFirst123 Rookie

Nov 26, 2008

I had the students cut out Christmas light patterns in different colors and write how they can be kind during the holiday season on the lightbulb pattern. My bulletin board title said, "We can light the world with kindness." I did this along with my fireplace idea and the gingerbread man idea that someone gave me.