Chicago Public Schools Teachers--Unite Here :)

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out Archives' started by chicagoturtle, Aug 10, 2006.

1. snickydog

snickydog Groupie

Oct 7, 2007

I'm not too familiar with the Cathloic schools in the city, although I did a tutoring program in them through my certification program.

You might want to check...
    http://www.cps-humanresources.org/firstclass/index.asp

I don't think the Catholic schools thing could hurt you... Any classroom experience is beneficial, I think, particularly if the demographics of the school are similar to those in the area you wish to teach in.

2. chicagoturtle

chicagoturtle Fanatic

Oct 7, 2007

I am so glad we have tomorrow off.

3. WindyCityGal606

WindyCityGal606 Enthusiast

Oct 8, 2007

I am thrilled we are off today too! Every weekend should be three days. I actually feel rested! Unfortunately, I have to go to the doctor's today for my back...time to refill the muscle relaxers!! I really thought losing the 15 lbs since June would help my back but the sad fact is I have a bad back!! I wasn't even able to go to the gym this weekend for fear of injuring it more!! To top it off, I have a bad cough right now and coughing with a back ache is no PICNIC!! OWWWW!!! They open in 15 minutes!! I hope they let me come in this morning!!

4. cpsprincess

cpsprincess Rookie

Oct 8, 2007

Yea... I totally can relate to you with the whole bad back thing, it is no picnic... I am only 24 and because I was a prof. ballerina (well I was dropped and broke my back in three different places), I have a terrible back and terrible ankles and I am in pain... Muscle relaxers are clutch!! ;)

5. chicagoturtle

chicagoturtle Fanatic

Oct 8, 2007

I'm going to the doc too. but then I am going to walk Michigan or go to the Shedd or something between doc and class. I'm also going to treat myself to a nice lunch I think.

I do have a lot of work to do for grad school to though.

6. WindyCityGal606

Oct 8, 2007

It is TOO hot to be outside!! I got in to the doctor who just prescribed an anti-inflammatory (sp) because I said I couldn't be slowed down with muscle relaxants. Hopefully it will help.

I didn't see too many people out this morning. I think it's a regular work day for most people. Still, even kids aren't out!!!

7. cpsprincess

cpsprincess Rookie

Oct 8, 2007

OMG!! I just got cupcakes from Sweet Mandy B's and drove from my house (which is about a half of a mile away) because it is so hot outside, and ALL OF THE ICING MELTED!!!!!!! EVERYTHING!!!!!!!! :mad: so now I don't know what do because I lost my parking space and my desserts are for a meeting tonight and they are melted and ugly!!!!!

Just a rant about the weather ( I know that I am going to regret complaining like this because mr. winter will bite my booty)

8. cpsprincess

cpsprincess Rookie

Oct 8, 2007

oh and there were NO kids at SMBs which is a first... what is up with the lack of children running around with the weather

9. WindyCityGal606

Oct 8, 2007

Kids like air conditioning and computers on days like this...me too!!! My pills are doing the trick!! I feel like my spine has been oiled!! YAY!!
    Where are you guys today? Snick? Turtle? Helloooooooooo???????????
    BTW...welcome princess.

10. AtoZAdmin

AtoZAdmin Forum Administrator

Oct 25, 2007