CCRPI scores up, but students still not proficient?

Discussion in 'General Education' started by Mami1Maestra2, Nov 1, 2018.

1. Mami1Maestra2

Mami1Maestra2 Rookie

Nov 1, 2018

Does anyone have a good working knowledge of CCRPI scores for schools?

Our school's scores went up, but our students are still only at 20-30% proficiency in reading and math with 5th grade being the lowest.

What's going on here? Have you ever seen a school with a high report card grade, but the data just doesn't jibe?

3. otterpop

otterpop Aficionado

Nov 1, 2018

I don't know that particular scoring system, but is it because your students' scores improved from previous years, even though they're still low?

Last edited: Nov 9, 2018
  4. Mr.history

Mr.history Cohort

Nov 2, 2018

CCRPI is the system that Georgia uses to gauge their schools performance. This year most schools scores changed radically because they changed how the scores were calculated. My best guess to the situation here is that the person was in a "low performing" school and the new calculation made their scores look better. It is an election year after all.

The way my school explained the changes was that there was a new focus on raising the performance of certain sub groups. Minority groups, SWD, Low income, ect. If your in an area with a high concentration of these students your scores probably went up.

5. Mami1Maestra2

Mami1Maestra2 Rookie

Nov 7, 2018

Spot on, Mr. History!

6. futuremathsprof

futuremathsprof Fanatic

Nov 9, 2018

This is statistical manipulation to positively skew student test scores, which is misleading and unethical.