CBEST writing how to pass it (urgent)

Discussion in 'Basic Skills Tests' started by mmafan007, Dec 7, 2008.

1. Worried55

Worried55 Rookie

Jan 9, 2017

Thanks a lot TeacherGroupie. My combined scaled score for the other two sections is 125. I am worried just about the writing section of the test. I think it takes about six weeks to receive the score. I hope I just pass it even if barely. I will let you know as I get my score. Thanks again. You are really helpful to a lot of people.

2. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Jan 9, 2017

You tested on Thursday, Jan. 5, yes? You'll get official results by email on Jan. 13. See http://www.ctcexams.nesinc.com/test_info_CBEST.asp, scroll down the page to the Test Results section, and click on the CBT results dates link.

3. Worried55

Worried55 Rookie

Jan 9, 2017

That is good news! I really need the scores as early as possible. I appreciate your guiding me to the relevant information. You are a great resource for people like me.

4. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Jan 9, 2017

You're welcome!

5. Worried55

Worried55 Rookie

Jan 13, 2017

Hi, TeacherGroupie,
    Just received my CBEST writing score. I passed! although not by a good margin at all. My score is just 41. But, hey, it is still a pass! Now, I hope to be able to take and pass CSET Math in the next two months. I am sure I will benefit from your advice on that too. Thanks!

6. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Jan 13, 2017

Thanks for confirming my hunch that you'd pass, and with more points than the absolute minimum you needed. I like being right, but I really like being right in someone's favor like this.

You will find that CSET Math writing looks very little like CBEST writing. The scorers don't want to see good sentence structure and mechanics: they want to see good math. Rummage around the Single Subject Tests subforum for good advice; innovationguy's posts are fine resources.