cause/effect essay topics

Discussion in 'General Education' started by HufflePuff, Nov 1, 2009.

1. HufflePuff

HufflePuff Cohort

Nov 1, 2009

any good ideas for 5th graders? something that would require as little research as possible would be best.

also...any tips on good mini-lessons to do while they are writing the essay?

3. Bumble

Bumble Groupie

Nov 1, 2009

This week we are writing cause and effect essays. Our writing prompt is "We all make mistakes. Some of our mistakes cause consequences. Write to explain a mistake that you made and the consequence."

4. runsw/scissors

runsw/scissors Phenom

Nov 1, 2009

Can you tie this in with what they are studying in history? Much of history is cause/effect. The British fought the French and Indian War (cause). They were deeply in debt as a result (effect of one, cause of the next). They decided to tax the colonists on paper goods (effect of previous, cause of next). Colonists rebelled in peaceful and violent ways. These include...

5. Bumble

Bumble Groupie

Nov 1, 2009

I just realized that I need social studies constructed responses. Runsw/scissors, I will use your idea. Thanks!

6. HufflePuff

HufflePuff Cohort

Nov 2, 2009

social studies is tough, because they rotate (i don't have them for social studies). so, i'd rather stick with something more basic. good idea though!