Catchy Bulletin Board Ideas?

Discussion in 'Elementary Education Archives' started by teach1stgrade, Aug 4, 2006.

1. teach1stgrade

teach1stgrade Rookie

Aug 4, 2006

Ok, so I am having some trouble coming up with a cute bulletin board idea for right outside of my room!! I want to do something that involves the kids names and also use a catchy title. Ex. In the past, I have used "First Grade Fits Me To A T" and the kids decorated a tshirt for the clothesline. I really want to do something different!!!

Any Ideas??

TIA!!
    Amanda

3. ctopher

ctopher Comrade

Aug 4, 2006

Here are some that I've done in the past...

"A Great New Batch" Have a baker and the kids names go on chocolate chip cookie cutouts

"So Bright I have to Wear Shades" Find a character with sunglasses on (I've found one in the past that's an elephant with shorts and a T-shirt wearing sunglasses....I blew it up, traced it onto tag and then colored and cut out. Then put student names on the notepad paper you can buy that looks like a sun and he's holding sunscreen and wearing sunglasses.

"Racing into First Grade" Picture of runners and kids names go on tennis shoes. You could have the students design their own shoes.

4. IndyJo

IndyJo Companion

Aug 4, 2006

I'm doing cutouts of airpalnes that read, "Flying High Into Room 20" and has two or three students' names on each plance. The "Flying High..." phrase are die-cut letters taped onto a cloud.

That's about as good as it gets for me!

5. Jan Smith

Jan Smith Rookie

Aug 4, 2006

One of our teachers last year had " Surviving 3rd grade" and did a whole survival theme- with "tools" pencils paper scissors.

another theme- easy you are out of this world - use star cut outs.

Just hanging around with-- use monkeys or bananas from a tree
    Tree theme- What a great bunch-- then have an apple tree with apple cut outs.