Casey Anthony Trial

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Teach'em, Jun 7, 2011.

1. Teach'em

Teach'em Companion

Jun 7, 2011

I apologize if a thread along these lines has already been posted.

Has anyone been watching the trial? I usually catch the nightly news coverage disussing what happened that day. Though her attorney is trying so hard, I still think she will be found guilty...and rightfully so! She's seems so stone cold and self-centered...scary...:(

3. TeacherApr

TeacherApr Groupie

Jun 7, 2011

She's a sociopath. I hate her and I don't hate people casually. I have no respect and no good will towards child killers.

4. Teach'em

Teach'em Companion

Jun 7, 2011

Agreed! I'm still trying to figure out if she is "evil" or "mentally ill." I figure she's both.

5. stephenpe

stephenpe Connoisseur

Jun 7, 2011

Just about the way I think of Nancy Graceless.
    "BREAKING NEWS" Tot mom kills little daughter and buries her one block from home. And then we see all the pictures over and over and over and over.
    She sensationalizes it every time the camera goes back to her show.
    The whole show pretends it is some sort of news cast with "experts" weighing as if they are on scene or from the street.
    The reason I know all this is my wife is addicted to it.

6. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Jun 7, 2011

I think Casey Anthony probably has a personality disorder that led her to get rid of a person who interfered with the world revolving around herself. Sick and so very sad.

7. Joyful!

Joyful! Habitué

Jun 7, 2011

Off topic, Happy Birthday! :)

8. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Jun 7, 2011

Awww, TY.

9. scholarteacher

scholarteacher Connoisseur

Jun 9, 2011

I have followed the case all along. If little Caylee had drowned, the autopsy would have shown water in her little lungs. The "Tot Mom" is as guilty as they come.

10. Teach'em

Teach'em Companion

Jun 9, 2011

But I thought they only found her bones?

11. Irishdave

Irishdave Enthusiast

Jun 9, 2011

Being a cockeyed optimist I find it hard to wrap my brain around a mom killing her child. But I do find her having a personality disorder of some kind, very indictable.
    The change of story is interesting. Casey Anthony is very immature so you can't rule out anything.

12. scholarteacher

scholarteacher Connoisseur

Jun 10, 2011

I couldn't remember. But I bet there's someway to tell. And if your daughter accidentally drowned, wouldn't you call 911 and let them know it was an accident?!

13. shouldbeasleep

shouldbeasleep Enthusiast

Jun 10, 2011

Here is where I'm confused: She did seem to be a loving mother according to all who knew her. Not a smart mother, but no one has said that she hit the little girl or yelled at her constantly. She took her to some inappropriate places, but I just haven't heard of vicious behavior on the part of the mom prior to the death.

What I mean by "loving" is kind of like a parent of one of my kids this year. She loves her daughter, but she is a very poor mother.

So what made Casey Anthony snap? Or was it an accident and being a stupid kind of person, she simply covered it up and went on her way? The whole thing is confusing. That tape on her daughter's mouth is the act of a person who does something inhumane. Was she trying to kill her or keep her quiet?

I'm having such a hard time understanding and connecting everything.

But then again, I'm not watching it all the time either.

14. John Lee

John Lee Groupie

Jun 10, 2011

I agree with you stephenpe--Nancy Grace is a scumbag sensationalist, opportunist of the nth degree.

But I'm currently watching a show about this (because it inconveniently seems to have pre-empted one of my favorite shows), and I'm stunned as to why they even waste taxpayer money on a case like this...

Being a teaching forum, I would be curious to know her school history according to former teachers, what kind of child she was... it would be interesting.

15. mollydoll

mollydoll Connoisseur

Jun 10, 2011

It's a waste of taxpayer money to pursue whatever justice can be had for a murdered child? What would you suggest instead?

16. Irishdave

Irishdave Enthusiast

Jun 10, 2011

Tell us how you really feel .......:lol:

17. TamiJ

TamiJ Virtuoso

Jun 11, 2011

Has anyone heard whether or not Cindy or George Anthony believe Casey is guilty? They both supported Casey in the beginning, but I can't believe they can still think she's innocent after the new allegations that George sexually abused her as a child, and that George helped to hide the body. Clearly these lies would prove to the parents that she, Casey, is the murderer. Or else why lie? Has there been any word on how the parents feel now?

18. Teach'em

Teach'em Companion

Jun 11, 2011

From what I understand, after the wild allegations from the defense, Cindy and George put out a statement by their lawyer that stated they just wanted justice for Caylee. I don't think they believe her lies anymore, and actually Cindy obviously didn't believe her daughter from the beginning which is apparent in the 911 calls when she wanted her daughter arrested.

19. TamiJ

TamiJ Virtuoso

Jun 11, 2011

Cindy was skeptical from the start, but I believe in denial, and at that time unwilling to believe her daughter capable of such a thing. Even in the jail videos of their conversations, Cindy asked Casey if there was a chance of finding Caylee. I think Cindy always suspected that Casey knew more than she was willing to admit to. I was just curious if Cindy or George have made any public statements on where they stand now. I think it's telling that they say they just want justice for Caylee. I hadn't heard that statement, but it tells me that are accepting that Casey must have done it. Even One of Lee's testimony's made me think that perhaps he is done with Casay. He described actions/comments of Casey during the period when no one knew where Caylee was, and was clear that those comments'actions were ones that were unexplainable for one supposedly grieving over a missing child. I think he's had it too. Just my view on it.

20. TamiJ

TamiJ Virtuoso

Jun 11, 2011

It's an unfathomable crime, but we hear of mothers drowning their own children, or killing them by some other means often enough to know that this does happen.

The new defense is that Casey did know Caylee had died, but that it was accidental. That doesn't explain why 911 wasn't called. It also doesn't explain the duct tape found on Caylee's skull. Why would you put duct tape on a child after she had accidentally died? The defense is just trying to put any sort of doubt in the jury's minds, but I think it is clear that Casey did this.

21. Teach'em

Teach'em Companion

Jun 11, 2011

I agree 100%.