Care to join my Rum, Tums, and Depression Club???

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by rookieABC123, Jun 20, 2008.

1. NEFLteacher

NEFLteacher Rookie

Oct 24, 2008

((((sigh))))) didn't get the first grade position.....at least they had the decency (AsstP) to call me. Still in the club (wine club) for now.

2. lilmisses1014

lilmisses1014 Comrade

Oct 24, 2008

I'm sorry to hear that, NEFLteacher!!! I hope something comes your way soon!!

MAT, have you heard anything?

3. MATgrad

MATgrad Groupie

Oct 24, 2008

NEFLteacher, I'm so sorry that you didn't get it. Go to Publix and get some of that buy one get one free candy to go with the wine.

Nothing from my end. I emailed the P today. When I got my last position, I got the call at 7:30 on a Friday night. Maybe my email will remind her to make a decision already.

4. NEFLteacher

NEFLteacher Rookie

Oct 27, 2008

spent time with family and friends this weekend to take the mind of being unemployed. Have the rest of the week booked for sub jobs to keep me busy. I hope the busier I get the less I;ll feel depressed. Not working today (planning day for teacher) but was able to fix the dishwasher myself and save $$$ on service call. Gotta keep looking at the positives.

5. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Oct 27, 2008

Well, I'm still waiting for the answer on the aide position. He had a few more interviews today and then would be making a decision soon. The tutoring position isn't even close to being ready to interview for. I did talk to the principal and she said that the teachers make a list of what people they would like to tutor and then those are brought in for an interview. She also said she remembered interviewing me before, but I have never interviewed with her so there must be another person with my name trying to get into the district. I hope that that is not the reason why I'm not getting any calls for interviews! I have an interview at 330 today for an admin asst position close by. So we'll see what comes of these two interviews.

When I went into the interview for the aide position I did notice that he had another application with a big NO on it. :eek:

6. MATgrad

MATgrad Groupie

Oct 27, 2008

I hope that big NO wasn't on yours STG!

Still no word, I really, really want to call them but as I emailed them on Friday I know to give it a day or two. Two more ESE jobs were posted today so I went head and applied for those. Maybe all the northerners have finally gone back north and I can get something. Kind of mean I know but hey I've lived here for years. I promise to not leave in a few years.

7. smalltowngal

Oct 27, 2008

MAT-no, it wasn't on mine! Thank goodness! And if I don't get the position, well then something good came out of it because I redid my references on my resume and asked for some more letters of recommendations. I lost Emily 4 days before school let out for the summer and wasn't really supposed to be up there on the teacher workday, but figured the teacher taking over wanted to get in there so I wanted to get my stuff out so asking for a letter wasn't number one on my list of things to get done, and I just never thought about it again until the P brought it up.

I"m glad that there are postings that continue to pop up for you. There is nothing here! I hope that as Dec draws closer, there are more postings here. Tomorrow I'm taking my science certification. As far as contacting the school, I might wait until Wed before calling if you haven't heard anything by then.

8. DHE

DHE Connoisseur

Oct 27, 2008

stg, how the AA's interview go? I am so hoping that you find something soon.

9. smalltowngal

Oct 27, 2008

It went okay DHE. It sounds like a good job. Of course a long way from education. He said he would make a decision in about a week and a half to 2 weeks. In that time, I might have the aide job so it was kind of a wasted interview, but if I don't get the aide position then I know I still have this on the table.

10. NEFLteacher

NEFLteacher Rookie

Oct 28, 2008

smalltowngal, hope the mix up doesn't weigh you down! My last name is very unusual so i don't get that atleast.

A neighbor of mine got a teaching job. He had moved down here from up north and secondary certified in everything with no luck for 1+ year. Wound up meeting a principal by chance and everything just clicked, even though he had applied and not even gotten an interview.

11. MATgrad

MATgrad Groupie

Oct 28, 2008

I'm feeling really LOW today. I started the paperwork to sub again! Yes, I went back to school, put myself through student teaching just so that I could do a job that I did before all that. Having my own classroom was a dream, developing those relationships, watching their growth. Now I get to go be treated like dirt. Oh Goody! (huge sarcasm)

Subs get treated terribly and they don't get hired. I should know considering I did it for two years before. Oh I can hardly wait to see all the looks of pity. Which of course will be followed by the questions. Have you done this....? Have you applied ....? It's just crushing me.

I do have an amazing hubby though. He still believes that something will happen soon. I'm just so close to saying "forget it! Let's walk away and try somewhere new. It'll only be one more house to add to the mess."

Can't the big guy/gal upstairs give me some kind of guidance? You many now return to your regularly scheduled program.

12. NEFLteacher

NEFLteacher Rookie

Oct 28, 2008

Stay positive MATgrad....you never know what might happen. I think i might get a 2 week assignment before xmas and the teacher next door is pg so i've been harrassing her to cover jan-march. Atleast it'll be income, and i really enjoyed doing the long term last year. I've really gotten to know the teachers at this school and they are great. If only the admin thought so. Unfortunately this school district does NOT pay long term sub pay so it's a lot of work for little $$.

Anyone know good places to work for xmas $$$

13. NEFLteacher

NEFLteacher Rookie

Oct 28, 2008

i just noticed the time stamp is 2hrs behind my timezone! That answers a lot of questions.

14. MATgrad

MATgrad Groupie

Oct 28, 2008

I do independent contract work for a company. People text questions in and I answer them for them. Kind of like a concierge service for cell phones. It's called ChaCha! I make about $500/month. No boss, set your own hours and it's fairly easy.

15. NEFLteacher

NEFLteacher Rookie

Oct 28, 2008

MATgrad, i've heard of that before....do you mind PMing me about it??