Care to join my Rum, Tums, and Depression Club???

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by rookieABC123, Jun 20, 2008.

1. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Sep 22, 2008

Don't take that attitude!!!! If you have interviewed with them before, I'm sure that remember you. Maybe at that time someone with more qualifications got that position. It could be that this time around YOU are the one with the most qualifications. You did apply though right? :D

2. MATgrad

MATgrad Groupie

Sep 22, 2008

Of course I applied!! Hubby says I should drive over and nag them tomorrow. He says I should walk in and say "Hi I'm MAT! I'm a teacher certified in special education, elementary education and have an ESOL endorsement. I have my master's degree, perviously taught third, second and elementary music. I had 100% of my students receive grade-level scores in reading in math and can start today."

Then again I do think he is a little nuts sometimes. Right now I am sipping hot chocolate with lots of yummy marshmallows. On the other hand, they could just see that as obnoxious. My try at the more aggressive approach just resulted in quicker rejections.

3. Special-t

Special-t Enthusiast

Sep 22, 2008

It may sound like a crazy idea ... but why not take a walk on the wild side? Worse case, you'll have a great story to tell at cocktail parties ... or maybe hubby is on to something (mine is actually right on occasion) ...

4. MATgrad

MATgrad Groupie

Sep 23, 2008

I back from being crazy! They looked at me like I had two heads. :lol::lol: The P was actually kind of miffed that I decided to just walk in. He said that he had to review the applications and that he was too busy to talk with me and in the future I should call before requesting to see him. He was not nice at all about it.:dizzy: On the plus side, I did have an excuse to get out of the house today and get dressed up. Nothing new today. I know that one of the possible LTS positions had her baby but it's not up yet.

5. smalltowngal

Sep 23, 2008

That principal doesn't know what he's missing!! Tomorrow when I go in, I'm just going to say "Hi, my name is STG. I'm interested in the 6th grade position. I'm certified 4-8 English/Reading/SS. Here is my resume and a brochure about me for your consideration. Thank you!"

If the teacher had her baby, then why hasn't the LTS been posted?

6. MATgrad

MATgrad Groupie

Sep 23, 2008

They are on a delay. It saves money. Sounds like a good plan :)
    Gray skys are gonna clear up put on your happy face!

7. smalltowngal

Sep 23, 2008

Love that song, MAT!

We just can't seem to catch a break here! Both of us are applying to jobs like crazy and not even getting an interview. DH thinks that we should just pack up and leave here and move to NC and start all over. I'm really starting to think that that wouldn't be such a bad idea. With the response that I've gotten from schools in NC, it seems like I might have a better shot at getting a job there than if I were to stay here. DH could easily get a job as a surveyor out there and the area where we're looking has a lot of companies. So close to moving....

8. MATgrad

MATgrad Groupie

Sep 24, 2008

I would be outta here in a heartbeat if it wasn't for hubby. Official word came out in the paper today. One district is doing a reduction in force. ARGH!! Will I ever catch a break??

9. timsterino

timsterino Comrade

Sep 24, 2008

I am ready to leave Florida myself. I just can not take it anymore. I need to do something before all of our savings are depleted and moving looks like the best and only option.

But to where? Any suggestions?

10. smalltowngal

Sep 24, 2008

You can come to NC with me tim, just make sure you stay away from my area. ;)

MAT-that stinks!! What the heck is going on in FL? It looks like I might be taking a part time position just to have a job so we can move because we have to have a job before moving. Please pray that DH gets good news tomorrow, as in he's hired at the PD. :)

11. kinderkc

kinderkc Companion

Sep 24, 2008

MAT if i was the principal i would have thought it was great of you to be so brave and come in and meet me. They truly dont know what they are missing.

12. MATgrad

MATgrad Groupie

Sep 24, 2008

Thanks kinderkc!! I keep plugging along. I know God has a plan for me. I just he would clue me into that occasionally.

13. smalltowngal

Sep 24, 2008

I think the same thing MAT. I know that I just need to rely on Him, but then if I don't do anything I feel guilty. I know that He'll put me in a position I'm supposed to be in for a long haul. I just have to learn patience and not get so frustrated because its not happening right now.

14. Beth561

Beth561 Comrade

Sep 25, 2008

He was MIFFED!:mad: I'll show him miffed; I'm MIFFED that he was too arrogant to see the wonderful teacher that was standing right in front of him-Hey, does anyone remember that hysterical woman who offered to key somebody's car? I say we go get her to show that p what someone should get miffed about. :D MAT, I know the right job will come along for you.:hugs:

15. MATgrad

MATgrad Groupie

Sep 25, 2008

You guys rock!! A fourth grade position went up today. I called a contact I had at the school and asked her to put in a good word for me. Still haven't heard anything about the leave positions. I called some people and left messages. I will have to wait a couple of days before I do anything else. It's a relatively cool morning so I am off to clean-out my garage.