Care to join my Rum, Tums, and Depression Club???

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by rookieABC123, Jun 20, 2008.

1. Master Pre-K

Master Pre-K Virtuoso

Sep 6, 2008

awwwww!

If didn't pay one bill all last summer, I made sure I paid the cable people, so I wouldn't lose my internet...and my friends here at AtoZ!!

and I am doing very well with my aide...

this is very good...

Glad to hear you are making positive moves Beth! You are getting yourself ready for the next level of your game!

2. lilmisses1014

lilmisses1014 Comrade

Sep 6, 2008

Awwww... you're sweet!

Sadly, no.

GUESS WHAT?!? I received another rejection letter! :woot:

It was from a school I visited at the beginning of August. The letter was dated August 28th, and I received it today. Anyway, the letter reads:

Dear Applicant

Thank you for your interest in the position at Elementary School That Ignored You. At this time, the position has been filled. (Noooooooo! Really?!?) Your resume will remain on file and I will be happy to consider you for future positions.

Best wishes in your career endeavors. Loser.

Sincerely,

Principal

Okay, I added the "loser" at the end again. Anyway, this school has a position open that was listed on Friday. I'm thinking about emailing the principal about it, but should I attach my resume even though she claims it's on file? For all I know she's referring to the circular file. The position I applied for was filled before they posted it, which I didn't know. Anyway, it's considered a bit of a no-no to email the principals directly, but at this point what do I have to lose? And for all I know, they already filled the position.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2008
  3. Master Pre-K

Master Pre-K Virtuoso

Sep 6, 2008

lilimisses... write a letter, and then put it in your circular file...

at this point.. it is a done deal, and you don't want to look like a borderline stalker. I went to a store the other day, and asked a lady for some scrap paper. She mumbled she would check with her manager, and then asked for my name and number. But she was so cold and callous about it, I knew she had absolutely no intention of giving her manager my info.

Honestly, I would have felt better if she just said no.

Keep trying my friend.

And nobody can say 'loser' in this thread again! If you do, you must make up 25 sentences with the word.

you get my drift...

you will start making negative sentences and feel worse...and see that you have to stop this cycle of frustration.

take the 'l' out of loser.

rearrange the letters.

tell me what you have.

4. Beth561

Beth561 Comrade

Sep 6, 2008

rose?

5. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Sep 6, 2008

sore?

6. Beth561

Beth561 Comrade

Sep 6, 2008

eros?

7. smalltowngal

Sep 6, 2008

orse? ores??

8. Beth561

Beth561 Comrade

Sep 7, 2008

can we add an o? Oreos!!
    Oh, I love them:)

9. MATgrad

MATgrad Groupie

Sep 7, 2008

oreos are good :) Doing ok here. I'm getting all prepped for my interview on Wednesday. My biggest dilemma is what to wear. I might also have a lead on a leave position that should come up in the next week.

How about some oreos dipped in chocolate with a glass of bailey's?

10. MATgrad

MATgrad Groupie

Sep 10, 2008

So who's still on the hunt?

I still am. My interview went ok. They said they were looking for someone with experience working with adults though :(

11. 4myclass

4myclass Cohort

Sep 10, 2008

:| Unfortunately, I still am. I have basically given up all hope for this year. I feel just like this smiley, :beatdeadhorse: when it comes to my job hunt.
    It is official, I GIVE UP!

12. smalltowngal

Sep 10, 2008

I'm still hunting as well. I still haven't heard anything from the 4th grade position. I have a feeling that one day this week, I'm going to go on the website and see that it has been taken down and yet I didn't even get an interview. I'm starting to apply to places outside of education.

And if I don't get this 4th grade position (or interview) then I'm seriously considering just moving to NC w/o any care!

13. MATgrad

MATgrad Groupie

Sep 10, 2008

A new fourth grade went up here as well. I applied for it but I'm taking my math 6-12 certification test next month. I should have done SLP.

14. lilmisses1014

lilmisses1014 Comrade

Sep 10, 2008

Still looking. I am in my third straight week of trying to get in contact with one district's HR office. I showed up last week, but the director acted like she didn't remember me. Anyway, I took care of my paperwork to sub for them while there, but when I try to sign into the sub services online I can't get through. So, basically one of them screwed something up... and when I try to get through to get it fixed, no one can tell me anything except, "You need to fill out the paperwork." Umm... I did. Everything is filled out, you have all of my information, I have done everything on my end and it's now YOUR turn to do your job!

I was contacted by my dream school for an interview for a third grade position. Unfortunately, I was tutoring at the time, so I missed the call. I returned the call first thing the next morning, but was told the P and AP were not in the office and getting ready for student arrival. When I wasn't called back after a while, I called again. I explain who I am and why I'm calling and the (very nice) secretary very apologetically tells me that the position was filled.

I sent an email to the P and AP at the insistence (and persistence...) of my husband, inquiring as to what had happened. The AP (the one who called me the day before) called me back to apologize and explain what happened-- this was before she checked her email. Sooooo, turns out they had offered the position to another person over a week ago (before school started). This {expletive deleted} took her grand old time getting back to the district, so the school assumed she wasn't interested and posted the opening online. I guess the {expletive deleted} saw "her" job posted online and around 9AM that morning-- the morning I was supposed to interview-- HR called the school to inform them that the {expletive deleted} accepted the job.

So, on the upside, the AP called me back to explain and apologize; I could tell she felt very bad on the phone. I was told that they were very impressed with me at my last interview (in June) and are definitely going to keep me in mind for future positions... and that they are going to have future openings. If there is such a thing as a "perfect dream school", this one is it.

But it still sucks having to start from scratch with my job search... :(

Oh, and if a school as wonderful as this one offers you a job-- freaking take it! I can understand holding off on a accepting a job offer if you're waiting on another school during the summer, but when the school year has already started (and you were offered the job BEFORE the students' first day), show some freaking courtesy to other job seekers! I hope she's given the boot...

15. smalltowngal

Sep 10, 2008

Wow, that sux. lilmisses!!