Can I get a job in Australia? I want a good job in the Teaching Field.?

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by steven, Nov 30, 2007.

1. steven

steven New Member

Nov 30, 2007

I am searching for a job in Australia. I want a good job in Teaching Field. I dont have any Work Visa or PR. I want to know that how can I find a company who would be interested to sponsor job seekers like me. Any suggestions would also be welcome. I have done my M.Sc biochemistry(2 years). Any advise.
    christmas

3. Poisontipped

Poisontipped Rookie

Dec 3, 2007

Hi Steven,
    I can't speak for the people in the eastern states, however in Western Australia you shouldn't have much trouble getting a job. If you want to go into the public school system, I would suggest going to the Department of Education and Training website.

www.det.wa.edu.au

Generally, science and maths teachers have an easier time trying to get a job, but it depends where you want to teach. If you like the urban setting, then there are some different cities you may want to check out. Perth (capital- 1.5 mil) Mandurah (65,000) Bunbury (~35,000) Albany/Kalgoorlie/Geraldton/Busselton/Broome ( between 10000-20000) or if you like the rural setting there are some fantastic smaller towns that you could set yourself up with. If you are interested in the independant school system, then there are plenty of jobs for you as well. However, the pay of the public and private school sectors are very similar- so in that sense I would encourage you to enter the private school sector- but it's up to you.

Good luck, any more questions, feel free to ask.

PS- Sorry I can't help you in regards to VISA's ect. but if you are a teacher, and you are entering WA (shortage in your feild) you shouldn't have much trouble. Best bet is that website!

4. jpre-k teacher

jpre-k teacher Companion

Dec 4, 2007

Just from my experience, it can be hard to get a job unless you are already here. A school needs to sponsor you for a work visa unless you have PR, and I don't know of many schools that would hire someone abroad sight unseen over an Australian. I came to Australia to do a teaching course, and I got a job afterwards working at a school I had connections with through casual relief teaching. I have another friend who got a job at a school where she did her teaching rounds. Like I said, this is just my experience, but I definitely think having those connections makes it much easier to find work.

5. steven

steven New Member

Dec 6, 2007

6. steven

steven New Member

Dec 6, 2007

At Present I'm working as an Online tutor tutoring U.S. I have 18 months experience in this field.
    christmas

7. steven

steven New Member

Dec 8, 2007

Can I find a job in Newzeland?

8. jpre-k teacher

jpre-k teacher Companion

Dec 8, 2007

What are you certified to teach? Last time I checked, there was not considered to be a primary teacher shortage, but there was a secondary teacher shortage (that basically means you can get a visa as a secondary school teacher but not as a primary school teacher).