Can I do this?

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by HeartDrama, Apr 24, 2013.

1. HeartDrama

HeartDrama Connoisseur

Apr 24, 2013

I didn't get approved to be a sub until April 1 of this year. I've literally only done it once, though I've committed to the rest of this week and some days in the near future. I want to go ahead and update my resume, but I think it looks kinda silly. Can I state that I was a sub during this school year or should I list the actual time served?
    See below.

Substitute Teacher, A School District 2012-2013 school year
    OR
    Substitute Teacher, A School District April 2013 to present

3. HeartDrama

HeartDrama Connoisseur

Apr 24, 2013

Everything else is formatted month/year. I actually got hired at the end of January, and got my sub permit in February. I should have started subbing in March, but the woman at the sub desk screwed up and I wasn't able to be approved in the March board meeting.

I'll just wait until I start my summer job, then I'll add them both. It's only 6 weeks.

4. teachart

teachart Comrade

Apr 30, 2013

I don't think it looks silly. I finished student teaching on the 19th and started subbing on the 25th, with jobs scheduled randomly in May. I added it to my resume, with the month/year format, stating that I have experience subbing K-12 in a variety of content areas (which is already true from my first 2 jobs.)

Go for it.

5. leighbball

leighbball Virtuoso

Apr 30, 2013

It doesn't look silly. You can do put 4/13 to present. It's honest, even though you got your permit earlier. I'd put it on because it's experience.

6. catnfiddle

catnfiddle Virtuoso

Apr 30, 2013

Every bit of experience helps. Add it all!