Camp theme creativity

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by wdwteach, Aug 1, 2012.

1. wdwteach

wdwteach Cohort

Aug 1, 2012

I am doing a camp theme this year. I have every area planned except for my computer area. Any creative "campy" ideas for that area?

3. tgim

tgim Habitué

Aug 1, 2012

Hmmm, I think CAMP-uters...must be too late for my creative juices to flow! A place for S'MORE learning...:lol:

4. CFClassroom

CFClassroom Connoisseur

Aug 1, 2012

5. SpecialPreskoo

SpecialPreskoo Moderator

Aug 4, 2012

Cool. I'm doing a camping theme in my preschool class. I might have to steal the CAMPuters. :D

I found a BB camping kit. It had s'mores accents with it! I even have some craft foam s'mores snowmen we can make (even though it isn't snowman time! :D )

6. Joy

Joy Cohort

Aug 7, 2012

There is a terrific decorating blog called "school girl style". Try googling it. I know that she has a camping theme on her blog.

7. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Aug 7, 2012

What about playing off the Compass or like docking station (like a boat). I was just looking up terms for camping what about "Screen Room" LOL!!! If you had a last name that started with G you could do somehting like GPS G (last name) 'Puter Station...

What about Computer Port? Computer Quarters? Computer Cottage? Curious Computer Center?

8. kcjo13

kcjo13 Phenom

Aug 7, 2012

Beth Newingham does a whole camping week while they do keyboarding training.

ETA: I tried to find it, but the links are broken. I don't think she updates her site as much anymore. If you scroll down to the bottom of the first page, you'll see Typing Camp. It was really neat, but maybe she is changing it.