Business Education Praxis II (0100) anyone???

Discussion in 'Single Subject Tests' started by tp2, Jul 11, 2006.

1. ggayle68

ggayle68 Rookie

Jan 27, 2011

Hello one and all. I found out I pass the NC Business education test. I am so happy. Here so advice I would give to all, study as much as you can. There are questions thrown in I had no clue about. Lots of Business law questions, marketing, a few accounting question, where I did not even need a calculator. What I did was as I was going thru the test I was stuck at one point. I got to question 78 and decided to go to the last question on the test and work my way back...it got easier.

2. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Jan 27, 2011

Congratulations, ggayle68! Good job figuring out how to deal with being stuck!

3. sparker

sparker New Member

Jun 24, 2011

Business Praxis

Congratulations on passing your test!! Do u have study materials to sell? I'm planning to take my test in July.

4. sparker

sparker New Member

Jun 24, 2011

Business Praxis

Does anyone have flash cards or study guides to sell? I'm planning to take the test next month.

5. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Jun 25, 2011

Barnes & Noble has some SparkCharts that you might find helpful, sparker: these are laminated study guides that are stocked in wire racks in or near the study guide section, and there are SparkCharts for accounting, finance, marketing, management, and an assortment of computer apps.

6. sparker

sparker New Member

Jun 30, 2011

Thanks TeacherGroupie

7. hklh3345

hklh3345 New Member

Jan 10, 2013

HELP

I am certified in Florida and have been teaching business for 10 years. The state I just moved to is requiring I take the PRAXIS. It seems to have a lot more economics on it. Anyone have another way to study other than the study guide you buy? Or help with questions, answers, anything will help!

8. hklh3345

hklh3345 New Member

Jan 10, 2013

what flashcards did you use

9. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Jan 10, 2013

Welcome to our playground, hklh3345. I mentioned SparkCharts above; there are SparkCharts on microeconomics and macroeconomics, and they work very well as lists of concepts to look up on Answers.com just to make sure you know 'em.

The Internet is very much your friend here.

10. onthewaytoteach

onthewaytoteach New Member

Jul 12, 2014

Just Passed The Business Content Knowledge Praxis 2 Exam

Just wanted to share the good news I got my test results today, I took the exam on June 28, 2014. I am a career switcher coming from IT for 17 years, was ready to make a change. To those that are nervous don't worry while the test is reasonably challenging it is not that difficult. I wish I can recommend study materials but I took the test cold. My experience basically got me through the exam. I think it is important to know your raw cut score, which is the number of questions you need right. What I realized is perfection takes a back seat to passing the exam. The real key is covering all concepts that is needed to pass and that means that you don't have to be perfect you just need to know enough to pass. On average people who pass this exam average between 164 and 183 out of a scaled score of 200. So there is wiggle room for error, where I live in Virginia the cut score is 78 for other states it may be higher or lower. Bottom line don't feel like you need to know everything that is impossible just focus your studies on the content of the exam that you are weak in.

Good Luck and God Speed !!!!!!!!!!!

11. EdToTeach

EdToTeach New Member

Aug 4, 2014

Getting Ready!

Hey onthewaytoteach! I am also looking to switch from IT to teaching and it is nice to see someone on the same boat as I. I personally find it a bit funny and annoying that IT/Computer Technology doesn't have its own Praxis but maybe people like us can put a better perspective on that. I live in New Jersey and the cut is alot higher mine is 151 because I have above 3.5 GPA but some people need as high as 171, while the average here is 159 need for pass. Did you find a teaching job yet? Do you remember what you say covered, dont need spcifics just general? I am going to grab some sparkcharts to study, but I think it sucks we don't have as much study material as everything else. I will probably pick up some high school text books on topics I feel weak at, maybe even a college book.

12. Mre0609

Mre0609 Rookie

Aug 8, 2014

Just got the results of my Praxis II...I passed! Yay! I scored 176 in NC. One step closer to my licensure!

13. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Aug 8, 2014

Congratulations, Mre0609!

14. aka

aka New Member

Oct 18, 2014

I take the test Wed, can you email me information on the Business exam

15. MES

MES New Member

Nov 12, 2014

Praxis score

Congratulations! How long did it take you to receive your score? Thanks!