Bulletin Board Mistakes

Discussion in 'General Education' started by YoungTeacherGuy, Oct 4, 2018.

1. YoungTeacherGuy

YoungTeacherGuy Phenom

Oct 4, 2018

Yikes. We had our district office visitation yesterday (sarcastically known as the dog and pony show). As we led the team (which consisted of alllll the head honchos from our D.O.) around each classroom for a 3 minute observation of each teacher, they pointed out two different bulletin board/chart paper mistakes:
    1. One teacher had a bulletin board with huge letters that said: #grammergoals
    2. Another teacher had a chart paper that listed consonant blends & digraphs. She listed non-examples and wrote ch/sh/th/wh under that column.

I privately chatted with them individually after school and they were mortified. I reminded them that we're human and we're not perfect. I let them know that I once taught a lesson (where I was being formally observed) and mixed up the different types of figurative language. So humiliating. Anyway, we all left smiling and they fixed their mistakes.

3. TrademarkTer

TrademarkTer Groupie

Oct 4, 2018

I'm surprised a student didn't point it out to them!!! The elementary students in my district would jump over the opportunity to point out such a mistake.

4. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Oct 4, 2018

We have a positive character traits display in our front foyer right now. One of the statements was, "I am flexable." This is a teacher-created display; thankfully, it was corrected before Meet the Teacher Night.

5. Pi-R-Squared

Pi-R-Squared Groupie

Oct 4, 2018

Reminds me of a cheerleader-made sign with the word "responsable" in BIG LETTERS!!

6. ms.irene

ms.irene Groupie

Oct 4, 2018

Yeahhhh our superintendent just sent out a newsletter to the whole district -- including parents and teachers -- that included some glaring (to me, at least) errors. Ironically, the newsletter was about our district's high scores on the English portion of the CAASP... :rolleyes:

7. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Oct 4, 2018

I went to back to school night one year where my son’s middle school LA teacher emphasized how ‘spelling counts’ in her class. And her syllabus? Had spelling errors on it. I circled the errors and left in her mailbox.

SpecialPreskoo likes this.
  8. Joyful!

Joyful! Habitué

Oct 4, 2018

Well, on the bright side, that was the only flaw they saw, right? :)
    So, congrats on running a great operation.

9. MissScrimmage

MissScrimmage Aficionado

Oct 4, 2018

I had letters Ii and Jj mixed up on my posted alphabet line for almost 6 months. No one noticed until we were putting words into alphabetical order and my students kept putting the words that start with Jj before the words that start with Ii. Needless to say, I was horrified!!!