Brochures!!!

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by Tokeyoteaches, Apr 30, 2013.

1. Tokeyoteaches

Tokeyoteaches Rookie

Apr 30, 2013

So the brochure idea really works! I went to a job fair Saturday and I brought my portfolio which consisted of my resumes, cover letters, my ACP eligibility letter, my philosophy of teaching essay and my BROCHURES. All of which I did the night before in between studying for finals. Well after convincing myself to still attend the fair (I was exhausted went to bed 4am and fair was at 8am) I put on some nice clothes and went. I got there and all the principals were taking one look at my brochures and were really excited with it. I received so many compliments! Well long story short, on principal was so impressed he interviewed me then and there and hired me on the SPOT. This was Saturday and already the vice principal has called to welcome me to the team. I know this is long but I'm just encouraging all job seekers to do it, schools love teachers who aren't afraid to stand out. I am graduating college in two weeks with a job already I place. I will be teaching special edu math 7&8 grade.

3. Tokeyoteaches

Tokeyoteaches Rookie

Apr 30, 2013

Thanks!! I put a picture and quite on front along with my cert area. Inside had my philosophy of teaching, what jobs i had that prepared me to teach, my bio, and a statement on why I wanted to teach

4. Tokeyoteaches

Tokeyoteaches Rookie

Apr 30, 2013

I meant *quote on front

5. HorseLover

HorseLover Comrade

Apr 30, 2013

Did you print them on regular paper or fancy, glossy paper? I've heard of this idea before. How difficult was it to create? I am not very artsy/creative :lol:

6. Tokeyoteaches

Tokeyoteaches Rookie

May 2, 2013

it didnt take too long..just about a couple hours for me because i was doing a million things at once with a restless 2 yr old :dizzy:....I used a brochure template from micosoft office and made it black and white. I originally wanted it to be in color but this was last minute so i had to use what i had... anyway as it turned out most people i spoke with said they thought it looked more professional in black and white rather than color...all in all i was very happy with it! it was not comlicated at all

7. CreativeTeachR

CreativeTeachR Companion

May 2, 2013

Do you mind sharing yours?? or what template you used? I'm very interested in creating one

8. DHE

DHE Connoisseur

May 3, 2013

Congrats, that is super exciting!

9. RedStripey

RedStripey Comrade

May 3, 2013

That's so wonderful! congrats!
    I just went to a job fair and everyone was impressed by my brochure too :) No jobs yet though :(

10. cheeryteacher

cheeryteacher Enthusiast

May 4, 2013

Congratulations on the job!

11. Tokeyoteaches

Tokeyoteaches Rookie

May 15, 2013

CreativeTeachR... I wouldn't mind sharing I just have no idea how to upload it but the idea I borrowed off of another lady, her popped up on Google search. and thanks everyone...good luck job searching!!!

12. Maithal

Maithal Cohort

Jun 8, 2013

Darn! I'd love to see an example of a brochure as I'm trying to create one myself right now.