bon voyage

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out Archives' started by mommaruthie, Jul 22, 2004.

1. mommaruthie

mommaruthie Aficionado

Jul 22, 2004

saturday we set sail on holland america ship called zuiderdam.
    although there are puters on board, my husband and i are getting away from them (he is an IBM'er who spends every day in front of a puter)
    i look forward to reading all the posts and offering my 2 cents when i return!

heading to key west, cozumel, half moon, and grand cayman- :0)

3. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Jul 22, 2004

That sounds heavenly, Ruth. Enjoy the down-time. (Not download time!)

4. mommaruthie

mommaruthie Aficionado

Jul 22, 2004

Computer joke detected! ha ha
    I am going snorkeling at EVERY port. My kids have been practicing in the pool for a month now with fins, mask and snorkel. They are comfortable at home, but add fish, excitement, and after the first time they choke trying to say WOW.... I am using my entertainment book coupons for key west to do the train ride and drink/food coupons. (not only to be cheap but since my kids havent been to key west, and both my hubby and i are very familiar with it, we are going to do it OUR way!) I am going in mexico to the marine park- dont suppose there are coupons out there for my other ports of call?!

5. Margo

Margo Devotee

Jul 22, 2004

Oh, how I wish I was going with you. After my cruise earlier this summer, I have got the cruise fever big time. I cannot wait to go on my next one. Have a wonderful time. I know you will. Check back with us when you get back to native land.

6. Tara19

Tara19 Companion

Jul 22, 2004

Have fun- I know you will!!! I went on a Disney Cruise last year and this October, I'm going on a Royal Carribean cruise, the Mariner. They are sooo much fun! We didn't do any excursions on the Disney, but this time were going parasailing and snorkeling- let us know how it goes!! Wish I were there!

7. Margo

Margo Devotee

Jul 22, 2004

Tara - I went on the Mariner of the Seas (Royal Caribbean) in June. That is the second largest cruise ship in the world!!! (Second only to the QE II). You will have a fabulous time on it.

8. clarnet73

clarnet73 Moderator

Jul 22, 2004

Have tons of fun! We'll miss you, but relax and we'll look forward to hearing your wonderful ideas when you get back. :) Have fun! I've never been on a cruise... I want stories! ;)

9. diggerdeb

diggerdeb Comrade

Jul 22, 2004

Are you a Florida resident? Is that how you got coupons?
    We are going cruisin at the end of Aug. (school starts after Labor Day in NY)
    We will go to...Key West, Ochos Rios, Cozemel and Grand Cayman.
    We have just discovered snokeling...so I am really looking forward to it.
    Please give advise about what you did and liked and what you would never do again.
    we are going with Celebrity Cruise Lines this time. Usually we go on Carnival.
    This is our fifth cruise.
    We love it and would not want to spend our vacation dollars any other way. we are so spoiled.

10. emccoy

emccoy Companion

Jul 22, 2004

I keep telling myself, "One of these years......"

I am somewhat jealous, my parents have take my three daughters on a cruise but left my wife and I sit home. It was nice not to deal with the kids for two weeks, but still, I think that next time they shoud save money by taking only two people (namely, my wife and I :))

Enjoy the trip. Um... don't pick up a virus through one of those ports {big groan},
    Ed

11. Margo

Margo Devotee

Jul 31, 2004

Hey Ruth,

I see you are back from your cruise. How was it?????? Can't wait to hear details so I can relieve it with you ;-)

12. Brenda S.

Brenda S. Comrade

Jul 31, 2004

I am from the midwest. We go paddle boating on the pond! WooHoo! I can't really imagine my family ever going on a cruise. It sounds like fun, though! Brenda

13. mommaruthie

mommaruthie Aficionado

Jul 31, 2004

Just lost a day, so woozy/dizzy from the ship vibrations and rocking. That no on land I am soooooo light headed and slept three hours!
    The ship, Zuiderdam, was awesome. Our room was approx. 500 sq ft.with a verandah. Great shows. One was john mason, a elton john copy cat. Another great show was the illusionist. Played roulette, won to cover losses and then lost what we won! Played one game of bingo, worth 4100, but didnt win. its tough being back home. Got one more week of freedom and its back for teacher working days. (no students)