Biggest Loser AtoZ 2010

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Iowa_Teacher, Dec 8, 2010.

1. Iowa_Teacher

Iowa_Teacher Rookie

Dec 8, 2010

So, I stopped posting updates on my weight loss goal in the Biggest Loser 2010 thread months ago. I think most people did the same. It's been almost a year! How is everyone doing? So far, I've lost a total of 93.5 pounds and have about 15 more until my goal. I'd love to hear how other people are doing!

3. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Dec 8, 2010

That's great Iowa!!!! Congrats on that lost weight!

I'll admit that I fell off the wagon a bit, but I'm getting back on! I'm committing to going to the gym at least 5 times a week, cooking a healthy meal every night, and generally just to eat better. I would really like to complete a half marathon....and to really work up to a full marathon. Hey, I figure if the guys on the Biggest Loser can do it, so can I!

4. scienceteach82

scienceteach82 Cohort

Dec 8, 2010

Congrats, Iowa!!!!!!!

5. Proud2BATeacher

Proud2BATeacher Phenom

Dec 8, 2010

Way to go Iowa! Unfortunately I lasted about 1 month last year and have only started back on the "healthy" wagon on Sunday. What have you been doing?

6. Chrissteeena

Chrissteeena Companion

Dec 8, 2010

It's not going well for me

Earlier last week……

I got yelled at by the Wii Fit :blush:

With the holidays I figure it wouldn't be a good time to keep trying to loose weight. Especially since I'll start and then stop and then a week or two later try again and then stop…. I'll start new after the holidays. Plus now I have a motivator. I don't want to be yelled at by the wii! :D

7. myangel52

myangel52 Comrade

Dec 8, 2010

Way to go, Iowa!!! That is very impressive!!!

I've been up and down, on and off, but I have dropped almost 30 pounds this year -- mostly by July. Since then, I have stabilized. I hope to lose about 10 more, but in all honesty, I am fairly happy right about where I am. 10 more would be nice, but I am not going to kill myself for it. I did notice an upward creep lately, so I am being a little more diligent in paying attention to food, and pushing a little more about going to the gym.

8. Kangaroo22

Kangaroo22 Virtuoso

Dec 9, 2010

Congratulations, Iowa_Teacher! That's amazing!

Right now I'm just trying to maintain until after New Years, but earlier in the year I lost a little over 20 pounds (which included getting about ten pounds less then I've been since I've been this height!).

9. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Dec 9, 2010

Congratulations!

10. MuggleBug

MuggleBug Companion

Dec 9, 2010

Wow, congrats!! That's great. I'm hoping to join in Biggest Loser 2011 when the time comes. I can't wait to get back into exercising again. I've only gained about 18 pounds this pregnancy so I'm not too concerned about losing that after baby comes, but I'd like to lose an additional 10-15, as well, that I put on before I got pregnant, as well as tone up some more.

Does anybody have the new Biggest Loser Challenge game for the Wii Fit? I have the older one and like it but was wondering if the new one was much improved or not.

11. Iowa_Teacher

Iowa_Teacher Rookie

Dec 9, 2010

I've been eating better and working out 4-5 times a week. Honestly, I had no excuse for being the weight I was except for laziness. Now I am active :) However, the last 5-10 pounds have been fighting me tooth and nail, but I guess that's to be expected as I reach a healthy weight, huh? :lol:

12. smalltowngal

Dec 9, 2010

Iowa~the last bit of weight is the hardest to get off.

13. Iowa_Teacher

Iowa_Teacher Rookie

Dec 11, 2010

It seems that way! I'm down to 95.5 now. I'm hoping to do 4.5 more by January 1st. How awesome would it be to lose 100 in a year? :D

14. smalltowngal

Dec 11, 2010

That would be great Iowa!! I'm down 5 lbs from last week!

15. Iowa_Teacher

Iowa_Teacher Rookie

Dec 11, 2010

That's great STG! Mine dropped a ton this week, but I think it was all water weight :)

16. XOEmmyLouOX

XOEmmyLouOX Rookie

Dec 12, 2010

Congrats! :thumb:

17. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Dec 12, 2010

Iowa, you are an inspiration! Everyone is doing great [​IMG] I have stayed the same weight for a few months now (down one pound then up one pound LOL). I know for me that if I don't exercise I won't lose anything. I am going to try to sign up at the gym the next time they have a good deal and it will have to be after the winter is over because I know I won't get out of the house and go if the weather is bad. I'm going to dust off my workout DVDs and at least do that for now!

18. smalltowngal

Dec 12, 2010

TeacherNY~many gyms will have great specials running after the new year! I have to work out at the gym or else I know I won't have the motiviation to work out at all.

19. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Dec 12, 2010

Yes, i'm waiting for the $10/month with no startup fee. They run that promotion a few times a year. I just know I won't drive to the gym if it's snowing or icy out which will be from now until mid March lol

20. smalltowngal

Dec 12, 2010

lol, yeah, I don't have that problem down here! I do love going to the gym though. Just wish they had childcare on Sundays so I could Zumba today.