Big Brother

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Andrea L, Jul 14, 2011.

1. Andrea L

Andrea L Habitué

Jul 14, 2011

Anyone watching this season? Wow, it's already starting off with a bang! Who do you think is going to win? Do you have any favorites...or anyone you can't stand?

3. shouldbeasleep

shouldbeasleep Enthusiast

Jul 14, 2011

I am, and I'm totally confused right now.

I don't understand the strategy. Why aren't the boomerangs worried? They don't have the numbers anymore.

Why didn't the two noms try to win POV? You would have assured safety instead of relying on someone else?

Why hasn't Rachel gotten rid of his royal self? He's bossy, ill-tempered, and acts like he's the better of the two. Not that I like Rachel, but the other half is completely annoying.

Why is someone who is a youth minister acting like that? He's embarrassing. Is he that clueless? Not setting much of an example.

And finally, why do I wish ED was still on there?

4. MissJill

MissJill Cohort

Jul 14, 2011

I love this show!!

I'm rooting for Jeff and Jordan. They are really cute together.

5. Andrea L

Andrea L Habitué

Jul 14, 2011

I'm sad ED went home. I'm curious as to what happened and can't believe they didn't tell Daniele what was happening.

I can't stand Rachel or Brendan and was extremely annoyed when I saw them walk through the door! She is still clueless...watches everyone else's actions and only does what they tell her. She really has no game.

If they can get people to turn on the youth minister because he has gone crazy, they may be able to get some numbers back. Porsha and the other metal guy seem to be willing to go with the old house guests. I agree with your statement as well about how embarrassing the youth minister is. He is NOT a good role model at all.

I also love Jeff and Jordan, but she is clueless. Wow!

6. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

Jul 14, 2011

The veterans aren't worried because they're being revered and practically worshiped. Some of the newbies are so star-struck that they aren't thinking clearly, and the vets know this.

Porsche and Keith are both idiots. That's the only explanation for not trying to win POV. If this game has taught us anything, it's that the pawns are just as likely to go home as the targets. No one should ever feel safe on the block. Ever.

Do you mean why hasn't Rachel gotten rid of Brendan? I've wondered the same thing. I think he's worse than ill-tempered and bossy....I think he's controlling and borderline abusive. Plus he acts like he knows everything about everything, has done everything, has seen everything....Ugh. Can't stand him.

As for Keith, the youth minister, I knew he would be bad news before the show even started when I read his bio at CBS. He said something about his "Keith's Angels" strategy, and I was like, What a dumbass....Then he talked about wanting to find pretty girls and use them to his advantage and how he wanted them to be "dripping honey" or something like that. Ridiculous.

7. VANewbie

VANewbie Devotee

Jul 14, 2011

I agree with all of this. I wish ED was not gone as well. I really wanted him on the show.

I also can not stand the youth minister. He annoys me.

8. monsieurteacher

monsieurteacher Aficionado

Jul 14, 2011

I say good riddance to ED... I never liked him. And without him, the veterans will be gone quickly.

I think Brendan and Rachel deserve one another, though I'd prefer they not be on my television.

Keith is crazy, but Porsche is also a wingnut. I'd rather have Porsche go.

In all honesty, the only people I really like are Jeff and Jordan (and maybe the pair of women, Cassi and whatsherface). I can deal with Danielle now that ED is gone.

I liked Jeff's speech to the other veterans on yesterday's episode.

This is the first year in a long time that I've decided not to read any spoilers... I'm assuming it goes without saying that this is a spoiler free thread?

9. joe22k

joe22k Rookie

Jul 14, 2011

I was very glad when ED left.

I am cheering for Jeff and Jordan but I also like Dominic.

Should be a fun season!

10. shouldbeasleep

Jul 15, 2011

Let's keep it spoiler free.

I have to watch everything a day late since I threw cable out the door so I could save some money.

11. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Jul 15, 2011

So far, this season is pretty boring. At least Dick would've cranked the energy level. Thank goodness Keith is out. What a jerk. I love Jeff and Jordan and Brendan doesn't bother me. He's quite handsome, too.

12. VANewbie

VANewbie Devotee

Jul 15, 2011

Yes I agree...so glad Keith is gone. He seemed pretty shocked.

13. 1st-yr-teacher

1st-yr-teacher Comrade

Jul 15, 2011

He should be...and deserved to be voted out. Who doesn't fight for the veto??? Especially, this early in the game. I liked him in the beginning but eventually, he started getting on my nerves. I wish both he and Porsche could have left.

So far, this season is a little dull, but we shall see!

14. VANewbie

VANewbie Devotee

Jul 15, 2011

I liked him in the beginning as well. Then he started to play the dating game and I just got annoyed that he is a youth paster and was not really setting a good example. And he was so cocky.

But your right 1st year teacher, this season has been pretty dull.

15. mrs100

mrs100 Comrade

Jul 16, 2011

I love Jeff and Jordan too! She's such a ditz, but they are cute. Brendan reminds me of a needy, insecure teenager! What was with the stupid fight over her calling him by his pet name? She seemed to love the drama, so maybe they're meant to be. But I agree - I'd rather they weren't on my TV! Even though I love Jeff and Jordan, I can't help but root for the newbies.

16. VANewbie

VANewbie Devotee

Jul 16, 2011

Rachel is the boss of Brendan. That is why their relationship works. He is like an insecure teenager and Rachel loves to boss him around. lol

17. shouldbeasleep

Jul 16, 2011

I'm rooting for the young kid. He cracked me up as he was watching everyone while they were playing some kind of made-up instruments.

18. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

Jul 16, 2011

I think I'm cheering for Jordan and Daniele this year. I kind of like Cassi too, at least at this point, but I don't know how long she's going to last. The only people I'm actively cheering against are Brendon, Rachel, and Porsche.

I'm disappointed in some things Jeff has said in the house this season, and they've really changed my opinion of him. I used to like him a lot, and I think he's stunningly gorgeous, but now that I've heard certain opinions/beliefs of his, I can't say that I like him as much right now.

19. Youngteacher226

Youngteacher226 Enthusiast

Jul 17, 2011

Well I watch Big Brother After Dark every night and without spoiling anything....Brendon and Rachel fight every night ! No kidding! :( It's soooo annoying! Last night, they were arguing about why Rachel shouldn't get plastic surgery or botox. Rachel starts whining, then Brendon poubts (sp?). Same ol' same ol', night after night. I kinda wish BB chose Kaysar to return. I used to love Kaysar!

20. Rabbitt

Rabbitt Connoisseur

Jul 22, 2011

Oh how I wish Jordon would have back doored Rachael and Brenden! Now Rachael is HOH...ewwww.

I'm liking Danielle, Shelly, Jordon.
    Don't really get a chance to know Lawon, Calia, & Porshe yet as they do not create drama.

21. MissJill

MissJill Cohort

Jul 22, 2011

I was so ****** when she decided not to backdoor them. Not only would one be gone, but the other wouldn't have been able to play in the HOH last night. I don't get why they want to stick with this alliance. You know Jeff or Jordan will be backdoored this week.