Best Fonts

Discussion in 'General Education' started by mrsamath, Jun 2, 2019.

1. mrsamath

mrsamath New Member

Jun 2, 2019

Hi everyone!

I am looking to make my worksheets and powerpoint a bit more consistent font wise this year. I teach a lot of math so I usually look for one that works well with symbols, but I also was looking one that might be the best for accessibility. Any suggestions would be great!

3. Ms.Holyoke

Ms.Holyoke Connoisseur

Jun 5, 2019

I always use century gothic!

bella84 likes this.
  4. vickilyn

vickilyn Guru

Jun 5, 2019

I live by Arial. It works well for students who have not mastered any cursive, and is clean and uncluttered. The spacing between letters works for me, and it seems to be infinitely variable in line spacing. Since I am often printing something printed elsewhere for classwork, this is an equalizer, leveling the playing field, so to speak. I find that if I need to highlight printed text for students with special needs, this is a font that allows me to do so without having things all run together. If you were to ask me about fonts that I personally like to be creative with, it would be a different answer, but at school, the primary purpose is to be able to be easily read.

I had a 1/2 grade teacher who also was emphatic that Arial was great, because the letters you see on the page are the way we want to see them written. That always stuck with me.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2019
    bella84 likes this.