Behavior Problems: Your Mindset

Discussion in 'General Education' started by Ms.Holyoke, May 9, 2018.

1. Been There

Been There Habitué

May 14, 2018

No app, but there are some great conferences! After 30 years, I was finally given the opportunity to attend a technology conference. Although I've never attended a national conference, I did attend a smaller local one sponsored by Computer-Using Educators (CUE). I highly recommend that teachers at all levels try to attend at least one CUE conference - you won't be disappointed! I never experienced so much energy, excitement and enthusiasm for learning among teachers! - here's a brief video to whet your interest. If you go, don't forget to bring your laptop and be prepared to be energized!!! Making Learning Powerful is another introductory video.

Last edited: May 14, 2018
    Master Pre-K likes this.
  2. otterpop

otterpop Aficionado

May 14, 2018

I've been told to never ever mention push in or aides at an IEP meeting. It's something many schools can't/won't do, but once it's brought up, the school is put in an awkward position of finding a way to explain why this won't work for the student (instead of saying it's not in the budget).

3. Leaborb192

Leaborb192 Enthusiast

May 15, 2018

I didn't get that memo. Just another thing I wasn't taught in my education program. We're taught to "do everything possible to help the student succeed.'' I guess that's not the reality.
    :(

4. Been There

Been There Habitué

May 15, 2018

Don't you just love those district slogans that contradict what actually goes on behind closed doors?
    • Every moment counts!
    • Student success is everything!
    • Every child can read!
    • We do everything possible to help students succeed!

Leaborb192 likes this.