Behavior Management Programs (e.g. PBIS)

Discussion in 'Behavior Management' started by mwcdem, Sep 12, 2017.

1. mwcdem

mwcdem Rookie

Sep 12, 2017

I'm researching behavior management programs, but PBIS/SWPBS is the only formalized program that I can find. Are there others that your school district uses?

3. bella84

bella84 Fanatic

Sep 12, 2017

Restorative Practices
    Conscious Discipline
    Responsive Classroom

rpan and AlwaysAttend like this.
  4. MarySK

MarySK Rookie

Dec 18, 2017

Hello. I use the inexpensive classroom management software Net Control 2 (https://www.netcontrol2.com/nc2sc). This program allows you to control the behavior of students and has many other features. Good luck.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2017
  5. Hokiegrad1993

Hokiegrad1993 Companion

Dec 18, 2017

I do not know if token economies are considered under behavior management programs but that is something to consider.

6. Guitart

Guitart Rookie

Dec 29, 2017

We currently use PBIS at my school. Previously I was at a district where some schools practiced Boys Town. As parents of a child with behavioral issues, my wife and I are just beginning PCIT training.
    All these rely on the adult modifying the way you talk to a child, in hopes that eventually the child buys in. They all make sense but some of the methods are a bit too "Disney" or fake fairy godmother-like. The more intelligent the kids are, the more difficult it becomes to sell the sugar and spice. We are really hoping that we get some positive results with our son soon. He will not fall for any of these Jedi mind tricks in a couple years.

Hokiegrad1993 likes this.
  7. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Phenom

Dec 29, 2017

I've always been a fan of Randy Sprick's CHAMPs program.

8. advctSped16

advctSped16 New Member

Jan 1, 2018

I use ABA to determine function of behavior. Upon determination of the function we work to find an appropriate replacement behavior that achieves the same function of the inappropriate behavior. It's time consuming and requires a lot of work.... essentially this is the job of a behavioral analyst. Just another hat that a teacher has to wear.