bean bag chairs found

Discussion in 'General Education' started by love_reading, Aug 7, 2008.

1. love_reading

love_reading Comrade

Aug 7, 2008

I know some people were looking for bean bag chairs. I found some at my walmart for $15. They are vinyl so they should wipe clean. They had red, blue, pink, yellow, and purple. I picked up 2!:2up:

3. Mable

Mable Enthusiast

Aug 7, 2008

I like that they had so many colors to choose from. Haven't seen them here yet.

4. Teachling

Teachling Groupie

Aug 7, 2008

I saw some really nice ones at Wal-Mart last nite but they were $19. I'm visiting my rm today & will see if I will have room for them.

5. Jem

Jem Aficionado

Aug 7, 2008

I called Walmart today and got the total run-around from several people who didn't even know what a bean bag chair was. I was finally transferred to HARDWARE and was then told I had to call back because they couldn't transfer from their phone. Grrrr. I'm sorry, but when you work in customer service, or are answering any phone where you need to know what questions are being asked, it would be nice if you knew what products you sold. Grrrr. That Walmart is a good 40 minutes from my house, and I'm not going to drive there without knowing if they have them.

Rant over.

6. Matt633

Matt633 Comrade

Aug 7, 2008

Jem,
    Can you order them online thru Walmart? If you have it "Shipped to store" they don't charge freight and then you know they will be waiting there for you!

And go when they are having a really good sale on school supplies so it will be worth the trip! :up:

7. Jem

Jem Aficionado

Aug 7, 2008

Good idea, but I don't see yellow on the website!! Oh well. It's not imperative. I'll just keep my eyes open.

8. Teachling

Teachling Groupie

Aug 7, 2008

I love those bean bag chairs which is SO unlike me since I drew one away a few years back my family had acquired. This one is cool because of the slimmer shape & the upright back rest it provides. Unfortunately, I think I will have to abandon the idea. My team teacher said that went she tried having seating for the kids, they would fight over it since she only had one or two. Still, I would think that if I used them for centers that they would be directed that only 2 or 3 students at a time could use that area? Ah, don't know. I'll just have to wait till I am in the classroom to figure it all out. :eek:

9. Teacher Chele

Teacher Chele Habitué

Aug 7, 2008

I'm going to strategically mention it to a few of my parents and see if anyone comes through. I have carpet, but I'd still love to have bean bags.

10. Matt633

Matt633 Comrade

Aug 7, 2008

Teachling---I have two BBags and I used them as a reward. I would change it all the time---like D znd Z worked really quietly today you get BB. Or I would let the Teacher helper decide who got to sit in them. Some would pick themselves and others picked only their friends but that changed over time.....they began looking for someone who did something nice etc...