"Backwards" Interviewing?

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by Ms.Blank, Aug 12, 2016.

1. Ms.Blank

Ms.Blank Companion

Aug 12, 2016

Hi all,

I had an interview today. They opened the interview by saying they are doing things a bit "backwards" this year. They are interviewing and if they like you, they'll fingerprint you on their dime (which is risky for them, in case the candidate chooses another district) that same day. However, they aren't actually interviewing with principals for actual positions until AFTER the school year starts (I guess to see hard numbers and what they actually need). Well, I guess they liked me because they fingerprinted me today! Anyone have any experience in a similar situation? It scares me to think that I may have to wait two weeks (when they start school) to even see if I'll be considered for the next round.

Thanks!

Last edited: Aug 20, 2016
  3. agdamity

agdamity Fanatic

Aug 13, 2016

One district I worked for always started with an interview at Central Office with the director of elementary schools. If you passed that round, the director gave your name to principals of schools she thought you might fit in at, and then the principals could contact you for interviews.

4. Bunnie

Bunnie Devotee

Aug 13, 2016

I think this backwards method is kind of smart. Its obvious they are projecting higher enrollment after school starts so they are clearing you to work so once they have their numbers they can put those candidates in a position ASAP instead of waiting for all the clearance checks.