Back to School Clothes

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by mollydoll, Aug 9, 2009.

1. mollydoll

mollydoll Connoisseur

Aug 9, 2009

My mom said she will fund an outfit for me :lol:

I LOVE this:

http://www.anntaylorloft.com/catalo...ack&defaultSizeTypeFromCategory=Misses#ATLtop

It looks short on the model, but I am 5'7 and with the measurements they give, it would be ~1" above my knee, which I consider acceptable. That particular model must be insanely tall--other dresses that are actually shorter look longer on different models.

My mom got me a cute very lightweight black cotton Calvin Klein short sleeve cardigan at Costco today. She was really taken aback by how excited I was. :lol: I have an enormous collection of black spaghetti strap tanks and camis and some halters. This little sweater will make most of them work appropriate even if it is still really hot, so it solved a lot of my wardrobe woes for the first couple weeks. I have several black jersey knit skirts, a cotton black a-line and some black dress pants. (yup, sorting my laundry is a piece of cake--just dump it all in with Woolite Dark :lol:)

3. mollydoll

mollydoll Connoisseur

4. Hoot Owl

Hoot Owl Aficionado

Aug 9, 2009

mollydoll, those items are just as cute as can be! I love Ann Taylor clothes.

I want a white 100% white cotton blouse and can't find one anywhere. I have one but it's just about worn out, I still like a starched white shirt.

You have a sweet mom!

5. mollydoll

mollydoll Connoisseur

Aug 9, 2009

Ann Taylor should have something like that.

Do you have a Ralph Lauren factory store outlet near you? They always have those sorts of basics 30-50% off. I've seen 3 basic styles there: the traditional, longer tailed classic button down, the fitted, shorter, slightly flared bottom and a looser fitting blouse style (not button down). Usually they have them in a chambray/pale blue, white and broadcloth pink. Only the button down has a logo. I think some of these things they make especially for the factory stores because the selection seems consistent and they always have sizes.

Yes, I have the best mom. She came home with purple paint samples for my office too, and she bought $30 worth of parrot food for my bird. She said she figured since she was dropping $100 on bird supplies anyway, she may as well :lol: Parrots are too expensive, especially when you consider they waste 80% of their food. :mad:

6. silverspoon65

silverspoon65 Enthusiast

Aug 9, 2009

Love the dress!

7. Petite_Teacher

Petite_Teacher Companion

Aug 9, 2009

As mollydoll mentioned outlets are a great way to save on clothes. I just went to one near me last weekend (Tanger Outlet ~ Myrtle Beach, SC) and the bargains are great.

8. sue35

sue35 Habitué

Aug 9, 2009

Today is the last day of the Friends and Family 30% off for Ann Taylor Loft so you should get your outfits:)

9. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Aug 9, 2009

Speaking of this store, did you guys know they give teacher discounts? This is the 1st clothing store I've found out about that does this. Look here:

http://teachers.anntaylorloft.com/

10. Jem

Jem Aficionado

Aug 9, 2009

This is the outfit I'm drooling over at the moment...

[​IMG]

I'm trying to piece it together with thrift store finds, although I think those shoes out. I have a pair very similar in the closet, and I just don't think they are going to happen....

11. silverspoon65

silverspoon65 Enthusiast

Aug 9, 2009

I read in a magazine that aerosoles gives a teacher discount too. Anyone know a code?

12. silverspoon65

silverspoon65 Enthusiast

13. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Aug 9, 2009

Don't know, couldn't find anything when I Googled it, but that's awesome! Does anyone else know of any clothing/store stores that give teacher discounts? :)

14. silverspoon65

silverspoon65 Enthusiast

Aug 9, 2009

I'll try to find it. I read about 15 magazines at the beach last week so I will have to go back through them.

15. Jem

Jem Aficionado

Aug 9, 2009

Those are great outfits, silver! I think jackets are so flattering.

16. silverspoon65

silverspoon65 Enthusiast

Aug 9, 2009

I just went back and found the Aerosoles thing - in Woman's Day it says that you get 15% off at an Aerosoles store if you show your NEA membership and spend more than $39.99. I can't find anything about it online.