Back to school bulletin boards

Discussion in 'Debate & Marathon Threads Archive' started by Mrs. Mom, Jul 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mrs. Mom

Mrs. Mom Cohort

Jul 30, 2007

Would anyone like to share ideas for their back to school bulletin boards? I need ideas for my 4th grade class!

3. iheart5thgrade

iheart5thgrade Comrade

Jul 30, 2007

Mine says "I am a PIZZA the Fifth Grade." The kids names are written on pizza slices and my face is inside a cutout of a chef.

4. Miss W

Miss W Phenom

Jul 30, 2007

Since our school is the "All-Stars", I have the All-Star bb set in the hallway. The student names will be on stars surrounding the words (after I get my class list).

[​IMG]

5. Ms. Jane

Ms. Jane Companion

Jul 30, 2007

I got my idea from Peachyness. She posted a picture of her bulletin board and I loved it! Each student's picture is the center of a flower. The flower has different colored construction paper petals all around the picture. Each flower also a long green stem with leaves. It's really cute. Thanks Peachyness! :)

6. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Jul 30, 2007

Yay!! Someone liked my BB! I guess I'll post it again.

:D

[​IMG]

7. terptoteacher

terptoteacher Connoisseur

Jul 30, 2007

I got these people cut outs that are about 2 feet tall. I will give one to each child on the first day of school for them to draw themselves. I found a bboarder with children on it. I found handprint diecuts that I will write their names on. Inside the room, I have a bb that has puzzle people that they will also color and I put them together on the wall with the heading "we fit together".

8. dumbdiety

dumbdiety Comrade

Jul 30, 2007

I found a bunch of little rocket ships at the Dollar Tree, so I'm doing "Blast off to fifth grade!". Some black background paper, a planets border and I'll make an Earth out of butcher paper. I'm going to write the kids names on them and with their class number and their "assignment" during open house will be to find thei name and number.

9. Ms.T

Ms.T Comrade

Aug 7, 2007

terptoteacher, I am trying to do something similar (I just did diecuts of people out of felt). But I can't think of what the board should say - what is yours going to say?

10. Annie227

Annie227 Companion

Aug 7, 2007

I have a bug (mostly bees) theme in my room this year. I haven't come up with any overall slogan, but I have put up my word wall ("buzz words") and my pocket chart for grouping (ladybugs, bees, butterflies, grasshoppers and dragonflies). I just got a really fun world map, but don't have any place to put it in my room so I'm going to talk to the other teachers in my hall about using that on the hall board. I was thinking of hanging the map with the title "where will learning take you?" and then we can put pins in areas that we study in any subject. I figured the classes can then post a sentence or two about what they learned about that place.

11. JaimeMarie

JaimeMarie Moderator

Aug 7, 2007

Hey that looks like one I did last year.
    [​IMG]

12. JaimeMarie

JaimeMarie Moderator

Aug 7, 2007

My BB is Ms. Breton has a great Catch. And than I'm going to have the kids names on fish and me holding the fishing pole. Only problem is I can't find a picture of a woman fishing.

13. Miss W

Miss W Phenom

Aug 7, 2007

14. JaimeMarie

JaimeMarie Moderator

Aug 7, 2007

Hey that is funny. Ms. W. I printed that top one at work earlier today but the printer was black and white. I forgot about it.
    Do you think her vest makes it look too much like nipples?

15. JaimeMarie

JaimeMarie Moderator

Aug 7, 2007

Mrs. Mom,
    Do you have a theme.

16. Miss W

Miss W Phenom

Aug 7, 2007

I didn't think about that! :eek: :rofl: :eek:
    I guess if you're making a large version, you can print it off on an overhead and leave those buttons off when you draw it.

17. Pencil Monkey

Pencil Monkey Devotee

Aug 7, 2007

i got this idea off of here somewhere but i made one that says licensed to learn, with a road on it. The original had plates on it which i couldn't find and didn't have time to make. So i used some cute cars that i found instead.

18. caslan

caslan Rookie

Aug 7, 2007

I have 4 bb's in my classroom:eek: so I have a ways to go, but one of them will say "Shoot for the moon...If you miss, you'll land among the stars.." with stars and planets, and I also found the rocket ships at dollar tree for student names...as for the other boards, do you think anyone would notice if I took them down... (just kidding ;) )

19. Miss W

Miss W Phenom

Aug 7, 2007

Umm.. They might notice. :D
    My two bb's are actually used not as bb's. One is my behavior board (I'm waiting on the border still):
    [​IMG]

The other is my Calendar.
    [​IMG]

20. JaimeMarie

JaimeMarie Moderator

Aug 7, 2007

I found a picture I"ll pm it to you lol.

21. pwhatley

pwhatley Maven

Aug 7, 2007

For those of you doing space themed BBs, would you think about using some of the plastic glow-in-the-dark stars you find in home improvement centers? My nephew has them on his ceiling, and the effect is really cool!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.