Bachelors in Educational Studies and Preschool Career

Discussion in 'General Education' started by ChrisC, Apr 12, 2019.

1. ChrisC

ChrisC New Member

Apr 12, 2019

I wanted to reach out to a teachers forum in regards to job searching and degree credentials. I will be graduating soon with a bachelors in educational studies. I realize now I really want to work in the Preschool sector but was wondering when applying (in two months I will start searching) will this degree help me get my foot in the door? I researched preschools don’t necessarily require bachelors (but want early childhood credentials), and this makes me sad that its too late to change my major. My goal is to work as a Pre-K teacher or preschool program, simply I want to work as a lead teacher eventually with Preschool company. I would appreciate thoughts from preschool teachers on this. Thank you.

3. Preschool0929

Preschool0929 Cohort

Apr 12, 2019

I think it largely depends on what type of program you want to work for. If you want to teach public preschool in an elementary school, you’ll need to have a teaching degree and certification just like a K-5 teacher.

If you want to teach headstart or in a private preschool, your bachelors may suffice, although they will most likely also be looking for some experience as well if you don’t have an early childhood background.

Think about the setting you want to teach in, desired salary, working conditions, etc...

ChildWhisperer likes this.
  4. ChildWhisperer

ChildWhisperer Devotee

Apr 12, 2019

This ^

Just know that private preschools pay a lot less than public.

5. ChrisC

ChrisC New Member

Apr 12, 2019

Thank you for your response :)

Yes I am looking at private preschools, I also researched head start is an option for me with this degree so that makes me a little happy. Thank you again

6. Pradeep Kumar

Pradeep Kumar New Member

May 7, 2019

The degree of education study leads to careers in education for individuals and institutions. Because the degree is so broad-based and interdisciplinary, so there is a lot of job prospects. If you know which career you are like, you can generally complete the degree for your interests.

The nature of the degree of education study, whether you take it online (see our 10 best online education studies degree ranking), residential, or hybrid, applies to many areas of our society. You can get jobs in public or private educational institutions, nonprofits, business or corporate jobs and service organizations.

The degree will also empower you to lead academic institutions and leadership among children and youth for positive change. Some school places a strong emphasis on social justice component.