babyshower ideas for teacher

Discussion in 'Early Childhood Education Archives' started by J'smom, Mar 26, 2004.

1. J'smom

J'smom Guest

Mar 26, 2004

We are throwing a small classroom baby shower for my son's knidergarten teacher. I am looking for non-food ideas that we can do with the kids that would tie in with the theme...Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

3. Margo

Margo Devotee

Mar 26, 2004

Have you chosen a theme?

4. GlendaLL

GlendaLL Aficionado

Mar 26, 2004

Recently, two co-workers and I hosted a baby shower for another teacher. This was adults only. We played a memory game. The guest of honor walked around the circle of attendees with a tray of baby items - diaper, thermometer, bib, bottle, etc. Then we had the mother-to-be (with her tray) leave the room. Everyone expected to write down what was on the tray - and you could do that with the children.

What we did was to ask everyone a list of questions about what the mother-to-be was wearing. What kind of shoes was she wearing? Did she have anything in her hair - barrettes, head band? Were her fingernails painted? Etc. Everyone was surprised at the unexpected!

5. Lanie

Lanie Cohort

Mar 26, 2004

You could do the diaper game where you fill 10-12 diapers with different scents like cinnamon, mustard, syrup, etc. and each person tries to guess what the scent is. It's suppose to be a game where you can tell what a baby has eaten by what is in it's diaper. No peeking of course! It's fun! (And you can get some hilarious pictures!) Kindergarteners would love this!

You can also do the toilet paper or streamer game where each person tears off the amount they think will fit around the mother-to-be's belly. Whoever comes the closest wins. Great for estimation!

6. mommaruthie

mommaruthie Aficionado

Mar 26, 2004

my students wore shower caps and bath robes to school the day they thru me a party!!!

7. Tara19

Tara19 Companion

Mar 27, 2004

This kind of involves food but it was a fun idea that my students and teacher planned for my baby shower. They took all the labels off of baby food cans and had everyone taste a bit of each kind and guess what kind it was! It was fun for me and the kids!

8. jenniatek

jenniatek Companion

Mar 28, 2004

I've done the one with the foods in the diapers but we used semi-melted chocolate bars in the diapers and we had to smell them and decide which chocolate bar they were. You can imagine what they look like in the diapers! Fun but maybe too messy for students.

9. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Mar 31, 2004

I didn't get to with my class because I was early, but I wanted to graph if they thought it was a boy or girl ( we did't find out), have them guess hoe big around I was with toilet paper, pick out names for the baby, guess the weight. These can all be tied in with school subjects and the answers would probably have you laughing for yrs!!!