~~Baby Names~~

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by MissWull, Jan 12, 2009.

1. MuggleBug

MuggleBug Companion

Jan 13, 2009

My fiance and I discussed baby names not too long ago. For girls, we like Jillian Claire and Anna Grace (or Jillian Grace and Anna Claire). I'm not CRAZY about the name Anna (I actually really like Hannah, though I know it's almost the same lol). But compared to some of the boy names he likes, I'd gladly compromise on naming a girl Anna since he's loved that name forever. For boys, we like Jacob, Nathan, and Ethan (haven't agreed on middle names, but I like Jacob Ryan, Ethan Tyler, and Nathan Michael). We wouldn't have a Nathan and an Ethan, though.

2. deserttrumpet

deserttrumpet Comrade

Jan 13, 2009

Kelsie Elizabeth
    Emily Meredith (But Emily has become a bit too popular of late)
    Richard James

I would love to name twin girls Iris and Violet, but my husband isn't too thrilled with flower names.

I love the name Lydia, but since watching Pride and Prejudice my husband doesn't like the name. Too bad.

3. TeacherSandra

TeacherSandra Enthusiast

Jan 13, 2009

For a girl...I really like: JAMIE, OLIVIA and CAROLINE ("LINE" pronounced like in...stand in a straight "line")

For a boy...STEPHEN and ALEXANDER are nice!

4. MissWull

MissWull Cohort

Jan 13, 2009

I like the name Rhyann for a girl. I've also seen it spelled Rian. It's cute. Although, my husband would never go for it, since I have an ex named Ryan...plus I think it would remind me of him. You know those names you like, but could never name your kids just because of that person you know...grrr! haha. :p

I want my kids' middle names to have more meaning. My dad named my sisters and I starr, moon and sky (middle names). No, my parents arent hippes. He just wanted us to always remember each other when we are apart. His story always goes "you have a rough day, go out and look up at the night sky and are reminded of your sisters..." sentimental one, he is sometimes. :)

5. Kat53

Kat53 Devotee

Jan 13, 2009

MissWull that is such a sweet story! I am very close with my sisters and we would have been the type to love having special sister names.

6. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Jan 13, 2009

Alexander is my son's name (he's Alex, though)! (Cute story, when he was little he would pronounce his name "Alex Zander".

7. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Jan 13, 2009

When I was about 8 years old I started getting Cabbage patch kids for Christmas and my Birthday. I would go through my mom's old baby name book and pick out new names for them :lol: I only remember the one I named Cynthia. I thought it was so much fun to pick out names. For girls I like old fashioned names like Victoria, Gwendolyn and Callandra. For a boy I like Joseph or Grayson. My husband isn't 100% in love with my choices. He knows I like to look at this online baby name site though and thought I was weird for giving my dog a middle name LOL

8. AMK

AMK Aficionado

Jan 13, 2009

I love the name Ava for a girl. My mom was Pierina..Nina for short. I would love to use that somehow in my future child's name. It doesnt exacty flow with my boyfriends last name

9. MissWull

MissWull Cohort

Jan 13, 2009

Kat53 -- Thanks! :) So I really need to sit down and think about middle names and meanings.

TeacherNY -- I really like the name Gwendolyn. My husband didn't share in the liking of that name. :( Oh well.

10. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Jan 13, 2009

Nina is a lovely name!

11. AMK

AMK Aficionado

Jan 13, 2009

I love the name Nina...it is a family name. Since my grandmother was Pierina/Nina too, they called my mom Mitzi. It is funny b/c at my moms funeral some of my relatives had no idea my moms name was Pierina/Nina until the priest said it.They always knew her as Mitzi:)
    Sorry for the hijack

12. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Jan 13, 2009

That's funny. Everyone in my mom's family when she was growing up had a nickname. We still call my aunt by her childhood nickname and I didn't know her REAL name for the longest time.
    I think it's nice to have family names but when everyone has the same name you have to start giving them nicknames or you won't know who anyone is talking about :lol:

13. silverspoon65

silverspoon65 Enthusiast

Jan 13, 2009

This reminds me of my mom because her name is Christine and everyone in her family calls her Tina. When she moved to DE and went to high school, she told everyone her name was Christine. So my Dad's family calls her Chris or Aunt Chris, and her family calls her Tina or Aunt Tina. She has to sign her Christmas cards differently depending on what side of the family she is sending them too. lol.

14. kcjo13

kcjo13 Phenom

Jan 13, 2009

I keep seeing Luke and Jake on this list...it makes me smile, 'cause there's a BBQ place near me called Luke and Jake's!

15. Rabbitt

Rabbitt Connoisseur

Jan 14, 2009

How about Royal or Jace for a boy?

16. Rabbitt

Rabbitt Connoisseur

Jan 14, 2009

Boe with a long o as in Joe.

17. MollyT

MollyT Companion

Jan 14, 2009

I have always like Corinna. My other first choice for a girl is Charmian ( the English version of Charmaine) - you pronounce the ch ( as in chocolate) so its char-me-an. I also quite like Olivia and Althea.

For a boy my only real choice is Dare ( this is a family name - my father's middle name and his uncles first name).