Are you half day or full day?

Discussion in 'Kindergarten' started by mom2ohc, Jul 28, 2009.

1. DrivingPigeon

DrivingPigeon Phenom

Jul 29, 2009

We are full day 8:50-3:20.

The other K teachers have "rest time" all year, but I felt like my kids were over it by the end of first quarter. I plan on having it for about 20 minutes per day until I think they don't need it anymore.

2. Mrs.Z.

Mrs.Z. Companion

Jul 29, 2009

full day, 7:55 to 2:30. We have a rest time after lunch (about 30min). I use that time to have students come work with me 1 on 1. Oh, and we SWIM for PE and that REALLY tires the kids out.

3. Mommateach

Mommateach Rookie

Jul 30, 2009

The school district I live in has a choice of 1/2 day (8:35-12:25) or full day (8:35-3:30). There might only be one or two children in the entire school or school district that go half day. Those kids usually switch to full day soon after the start of the year or at least by mid year. Usually there is a short 25 minute rest period after recess for the first month of the year. By the end of October they do silent time instead of rest time.

The school district next to me only has full day (8:15-3:00). I know they have a little rest time, but I don't know if they stop that after the first part of the year or not.

4. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Jul 30, 2009

In order to save money, the school district I was working in went from half day to full day (saved money on transporting the morning kids home)

So, at my last district, I taught half day kinder (there were two kinder teachers in each classroom, in the morning, I helped the morning teacher and in the afternoon she helped my class)

And I also taught full day kinder at another school district. I like both and couldn't decide which I liked better as both have its pros and cons.