Anyone up?

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Aces, Aug 16, 2018.

1. Aces

Aces Cohort

Aug 16, 2018

So, who among us are burning the midnight oil? And for what reason? I'm up piddling around because my leg was bothering me... Basically it feels like the metal ankle is itching which is incredibly annoying... If you're not familiar with someone with an amputated limb, you might not know that sometimes you get phantom pain/sensation in the limb, which feels like they're coming from the part of the limb which is no longer actually attached to your body. This can be anything from actual pain to something like an itching or tickling sensation. Always boatloads of fun!

3. TrademarkTer

TrademarkTer Groupie

Aug 16, 2018

That doesn't sound too fun! If you don't mind me asking, how long have you been without the leg? Most of your life or more recently?

I'm still on summer break for like 2.5 more weeks or so. I am still up grinding the microstakes on PokerStars. I feel bad that most other states don't get to have online poker for cash---that's another thing I love about New Jersey. I'm going to have a hell of a time getting back into my sleep routine when school starts though----may have to take melatonin for a few weeks as that usually helps.

4. Aces

Aces Cohort

Aug 16, 2018

I don't mind! So it's been right around nine years now, just shy of, actually. (October will be 9 years) I find that it's always a little rough at the beginning of the school year because I've basically done nothing over summer break and then all of a sudden I'm back to being active most of the day. Whereas during the summer I do my exercises then not much of anything else. Or as little as possible, really. And really it actually feels like it's coming from where I have a metal ankle.

5. dgpiaffeteach

dgpiaffeteach Aficionado

Aug 16, 2018

I'm up roughly every 1-2 hours. Usually with a couple bouts of insomnia. I'm in my third trimester, so I just can't seem to get comfortable anymore. I figure baby is just preparing me for when she's here and I don't get any sleep anyways We still have a couple weeks before we go back too thankfully, so at least I can nap during the day!

Aces likes this.
  6. Aces

Aces Cohort

Aug 16, 2018

Oh goodness! Yup no sleep with that! Classes started yesterday, and I did manage to get a few hours of sleep tonight. I'll be like this first week or so until a get back into the rhythm.

7. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Maven

Aug 16, 2018

I was asleep early.

Our first week back has been an entire week. It has about killed us all.