Anyone feel dissolutioned?

Discussion in 'General Education' started by Kat_Kong, Jun 30, 2019.

1. Kat_Kong

Kat_Kong New Member

Jun 30, 2019

Hi all,
    I ended the school year feeling really dissolutioned with teaching. My class was nutty (I teach kinder), no support with extremely challenging behaviors, just exhausted, crappy curriculum which resulted in dismal test scores. I felt that it just wasn't my best year of teaching and I felt that I had let the kids down.

I am contemplating retirement from the classroom, going back into mild-moderate sped (which I taught for 8 years) or doing something related to education.

Anyone else feel this way?!

KK

nstructor likes this.
  3. whizkid

whizkid Cohort

Jun 30, 2019

I would really like to land a high paying public sector job so I could leave education completely. The school breaks are nice, but other than that and the occasional field trips, that's about it. Horrible children, inadequate, spineless administration, always doing other people's jobs, so much gossip while instruction is supposed to be going on, the last three years have been mentally exhausting.

nstructor and mrsf70 like this.
  4. whizkid

whizkid Cohort

Jun 30, 2019

Idk, I guess the district I work in has turned me off when it comes to education. Those who left have stated how much better other places are compared to being here. :(

5. mathteachertobe

mathteachertobe Cohort

Jun 30, 2019

I had a tough year this year, so after 7 years of teaching middle schoolers, I am moving within my district to a high school math position. It looks to be a well-run site, so I am hoping to love my job again. Change can sometimes be good. Here's hoping.