Any suggestions

Discussion in 'General Education' started by tchr4vr, Jun 11, 2018.

1. tchr4vr

tchr4vr Companion

Jun 11, 2018

So, my room next year is called "The Fishbowl". Half wall of glass on either side (well fiberglass). I want to cover it up--don't need kids looking in my room all day (interior walls) nor do I need my kids distracted by what's going on in the hallway. I had thought about paint, but I don't really want anything permanent because they have a habit of moving us every year, and I wouldn't want the next person to have to come in and cover my stuff. I teach AP/DE/Honors English. I was thinking along the lines of Milestones in British/American Lit (one on each side). I don't want to spend tons of money, and I'm not incredibly artistic. I also won't have tons of time in my room, probably far less than normal due to construction. Any ideas?

3. teacherintexas

teacherintexas Maven

Jun 11, 2018

Fabric will stay put if you put it up with liquid starch. When you want to take it down, peel it back off.

czacza likes this.
  4. otterpop

otterpop Aficionado

Jun 11, 2018

What about a stick on window covering for privacy? It would let light through but you couldn't see through it. You can buy it at Home Depot and there are a few pattern options.

5. a2z

a2z Maven

Jun 12, 2018

Also keep in mind what the fire marshal will allow.
    You can mount posters back to back so the hall has some decoration. You can tape up strips of construction paper to help cover large areas.

Does your school have the rolls of brown paper? If so, you might be able to use that as a underlay for posters that are displayed inside your classroom.

6. txbelle

txbelle Rookie

Jun 12, 2018

Maybe have the art students create some sort of mural on the outside of the glass (not permanent though). It could include things from your content you're teaching and/or some school spirit things too. Then on the inside of the glass you could have some student work displayed or other kinds of posters.

I also thought about curtains, but shower curtains. You can always find such cute ones with bright colors and designs, which would be fun.

7. greendream

greendream Cohort

Jun 12, 2018

My first step would be to ask administration if it's okay to cover it up.