Any Catchy Phrases for a Poetry BB??????

Discussion in 'Elementary Education Archives' started by Youngteacher226, Apr 23, 2007.

1. Youngteacher226

Youngteacher226 Enthusiast

Apr 23, 2007

Hi everyone,
    my kids have been writing poetry this month and I can't think of a catchy title for my bulletin board. I would like to display their poetry, but I can't think of a way to make it sound interesting. Any spring related titles, kid friendly titles...?????????
    All help is appreciated.:) :thanks:

3. Pigger

Pigger Companion

Apr 23, 2007

we are budding poets! with flowers pots and flowers. i have made poetry books and used that title.

sort of cute.

4. Teacher-AK

Teacher-AK Rookie

Apr 24, 2007

I made a tree that went from floor to ceiling and called it our Poet Tree and hung the poems from it.

5. countrygirl

countrygirl Rookie

Apr 24, 2007

My poetry BB says,'Spring doesn't BUG us! Then the children write a poem on a cut out of a ladybug I have. It's my favorite BB. I also have the students color flowers and use them as the border.

6. SenoritaL

SenoritaL Rookie

Apr 24, 2007

We do a hallway theme (middle school). This month to celebrate it is, "Poetry Cafe" The bulletin board itself displays the name and, a student drawing of people sitting at a cafe. in the hallway, each student has decorated a coffee cup (we gave out a few different styles), and have written all about what they think poetry is. you get responses like, "freedom" or a more traditional definition. It's a great way to kickoff the month and get everyone into the theme and focus!

7. yclark

yclark Comrade

Apr 29, 2007

I love this idea. I'm going to incorporate it into my room for daily use as well as a hallway display.

8. runsw/scissors

runsw/scissors Phenom

May 1, 2007

I am going to use the poet-tree idea as well. My kids are really excited!

9. Teacher-AK

Teacher-AK Rookie

May 2, 2007

I'm glad you like it! One of my parents took pictures of all the poems that the kids wrote (on different types of fruit, because it was on a tree) and made a literary journal. She put tons of pictures of the kids in it as well. It came out soooo nice that we are now going to make one every year and use it as one of our marketing tools to incoming families (we're a private school).