Another preschool behavior help post

Discussion in 'Preschool' started by Abcgirl123, Nov 1, 2016.

1. Abcgirl123

Abcgirl123 Rookie

Nov 1, 2016

I just do not know what to do. It looks like I am not the only one experiencing behavior issues. I have been teaching for 5 years now. I have had issues here and there but nothing I couldn't handle. This class though is extremely difficult. I give stickers for positive behavior. I also tell them when they are doing something good like if they are playing at centers I say things like "Bill I like how you are building with the Legos" . At circle time of i have 10 kids by myself the class is great...even if I have 12 kids with an assistant they do ok. But any more is extremely difficult. They are very bright kids they just do not like to follow directions. There are a couple of children we that refuse to come inside when we have our outside time. And when 1 starts running off they all start running off. They are 3. I have never had that happen before. Usually I've had 1 run off the rest stay in line or at least by the door but this class is different. If a parent comes in they will be doing great on their centers but as soon as I start talking to the parent, they start running around the classroomband no ing off tables and climbingion the window ledge. . this has hurt my parent communication tremendously and I have always been very proud of my relationships I form with the parents of my students year after year.

3. pabef

pabef Comrade

Nov 1, 2016

My suggestion would be to have set rules and stick to them. Also be structured. It sounds like you are because they do well in centers. When I have a class that misbehaves when other adults are around, I talk to them about this. I say things like "When Mrs. Beth is talking to a parent, who is not talking?" The correct response is "me . I also talk about staying in centers and showing the adults how good we are. I have consequences If they don't. I make sure it is something that will get their attention like less playground time. Don't know if this helps. I hope others will respond to and give you a variety of ideas. Good luck!