Annoying things people/your neighbors do

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Unetheladyteacher, Jan 5, 2019.

1. SpecialPreskoo

SpecialPreskoo Moderator

Apr 22, 2019

Well that sure is crappy!

2. TimBleach

TimBleach New Member

May 7, 2019

I hate when neighbors are partying too much,...

3. Master Pre-K

Master Pre-K Virtuoso

Jun 27, 2019

Well I hate it when my neighbors cook some really strong smelling food. Sometimes on Sundays, it gets to the point where it permeates throughout the whole building for the whole week. I realize, that their background is different, and we are all different, so I try to be understanding.

What I like about my neighbors is the fact they are quiet and, it’s a nice building. So far, no apparent drama with kids. No fighting over parking spaces. Sometimes I go a whole weekend without seeing anyone.

4. Unetheladyteacher

Unetheladyteacher Rookie

Jun 27, 2019

My neighbors have been mostly awesome. They mostly say hello or talk to me when they see me in the building. I have noticed the type of neighbor I am getting is changing. This is a very new apartment complex that only started renting last April or May, and they are raising everyone's rent every time someone's lease comes up for renewal. I used to have a lot of younger, single professionals in the building and now we are getting more couples or families moving in. I myself am also thinking of moving if I have enough time to do so.

My current neighbor loves to make loud sounds at like nineish at night. It sounds like he is practicing his boxing and hitting a punching bag. He also has loud parties at random times during the week. They used to be exclusively on the weekends, but now that summer is here, some have happened during the week as well. They generally start after 11 pm and go until at least 3 or 4 am. I can sleep through them, but every guest I have ever had has complained about him.

5. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Maven

Jun 27, 2019

I couldn’t stand being that close to neighbors. Some days I feel like my neighbor’s are too close, and we are not sharing parking spaces, walls, or property. I don’t want to know what they listen to, what they are eating, or when they are entertaining.

6. geoteacher

geoteacher Habitué

Jun 27, 2019

Exactly! That is why I own my own house. Now that the trees have leaves, I can’t even see my neighbors houses. They are nice people, but I do enjoy the privacy. I can’t imagine being able to smell what the neighbors are cooking!