Am I Being Paranoid? (Intern Question)

Discussion in 'General Education' started by time out, Jul 19, 2014.

1. time out

time out Comrade

Jul 19, 2014

So I reached out to my intern about meeting for lunch before preplanning. She seemed excited but said that she hadn't received her official placement for her internship. As we've been emailing back and forth about setting a lunch date, she states in her last email that her fall placement may change since her university and my district are still working out her placement.

Whaaat?:confused:

Does this kind of thing really happen? A part of me is wondering if she is asking for a different placement. Am I just being paranoid? Thanks.

3. LMichele

LMichele Cohort

Jul 19, 2014

I think you're being paranoid. My university was known to change placements frequently for various reasons.

4. gr3teacher

gr3teacher Phenom

Jul 19, 2014

When I was student teaching, my second placement got changed about a week before I began it. I didn't ask for the change, and the teacher didn't ask for the change. I think it came from the school.

5. time out

time out Comrade

Jul 19, 2014

Okay, that's good to hear. Hopefully, she gets her official confirmation soon.

6. bros

bros Phenom

Jul 19, 2014

When I was being placed for student teaching, a district was told I was going to be placed there two weeks before I received any sort of notification.

7. time out

time out Comrade

Jul 19, 2014

I got her info before the school year ended so it's weird that she said she was just notified about a possible placement change.

I guess I shouldn't look into it too much but I was really excited about having my first intern.

8. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Jul 19, 2014

Take it with a grain of salt. If the placement comes through fine, if not, well, wish her luck & I guess try to get another intern maybe in the near future.

By the way, I like how you're wanting to start out on a good foot by initiating going to lunch. I've had a total of 7 internship supervisors (I'm over halfway through working on my 2nd Masters) & none of them did that with me. I'm hoping to become friends with a current one after my internship is over!