Alliteration

Discussion in 'Second Grade' started by 1gdteach, Mar 14, 2008.

1. 1gdteach

1gdteach Companion

Mar 14, 2008

Any fun ideas for teaching Alliteration in poetry... This is my lesson for me to be observed and I really want it to be fun and hands on... Any help would be great!!! :up:

3. carlea

carlea Comrade

Mar 14, 2008

I didn't do this for poetry, but I used the students' names to start a lesson about alliteration/assonance. They had to come up with 2 sentences about themselves: I'm Racing Ron. I run 'round the racetrack at recess.

We also did tongue twisters & read Dr. Seuss books like the ABC one: Ichabod is itchy....

4. Miss Kirby

Miss Kirby Fanatic

Mar 14, 2008

There is thie great book, "Super Hero ABC". Every page has a super hero for each letter of the alphabet and everything is alliteration. It's cool and kids love this book! My kids got to create their own super heros... I attempted having them do alliteration but writing the story was a difficult enough task - I didn't put pressure on them to make it alliteration.

5. 1gdteach

1gdteach Companion

Mar 15, 2008

Oh Wow this is fun... Instead of having them write a story I could give them a coloring page or a print out of some kind of a super hero and have them name him and write a couple alliteration sentences about him.... Oh you guys are so great....

6. 1gdteach

1gdteach Companion

Mar 15, 2008

This is a GREAT introduction. I was wondering how I could introduce this lesson!!!

7. old-new teacher

old-new teacher Comrade

Mar 15, 2008

A great read aloud alliteration book - "Dinorella". I LOVE the book anyway, but it is all alliterated with "D"s. It is always fun to read it with character voices as well! :)